Doing 20K a year in a new cupra

Oct 12, 2005
Do you think this will be ok? I dont want a diesel anymore and the new 1.4tsi seems perfect with a good balance of performance and economy. Also the dsg will be perfect on motorways and traffic.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I'll be doing the same mate. Wouldn't worry. Its not like motorway miles are a huge stress on the car. The only think to worry about is depreciation. If you can get the claimed 45mpg it's all good!

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
Depreciation wil be the main factor i would imagine. Car will take it no problem, good engines. But with cars like that people mostly going to want low mileage ones so may have to drop the price abit to sell.

Busta

Sep 13, 2009
don't worry...I have mine MK5 and for 10 months I have done 14 000 miles..and the car is running well..and the roads in Bulgaria are horrible..so if you are in UK - don;t worry AT ALL!!!

P.S. If you have CUPRA - you will be driving it as CUPRA - high reps - so I am little worried about the engine - CUPRA can not be driven by grannies or women going friday shopping...anyone buying CUPRA knows that is has been driven on high reps so the engine will be...you can say...
1.4 - 180 HP - that is lots of pressure in small volume engine...I don't know...

p.s. p.s. I am really jealous about your car :))) Good luck - wish you a lot of no-problem-cupra miles :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
P.S. If you have CUPRA - you will be driving it as CUPRA - high reps - so I am little worried about the engine - CUPRA can not be driven by grannies or women going friday shopping...anyone buying CUPRA knows that is has been driven on high reps so the engine will be...you can say...
1.4 - 180 HP - that is lots of pressure in small volume engine...I don't know...

Cheers!

Actually, the tsi have the most power in low and middle revs (2k-5k rpm).
I have an FR and its very good at the highway. Traveling at 140km can achieve 7L/100km which is very good.
And also, its very good for everyday driving, you can go for shoping, go around the town and feel like you are driving a normal car. The dsg keeps the engine quiet... :p

P.S. If you want a diesel, you should wait for the new FR Tdi

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.