Jan 23, 2021
So, iv got a Seat Ibiza 2008 1.4 Sportrider. And within 4 months, my passenger door stopped opening. I can open it from the insides easy. However whenever I lock the door then open the door it doesn’t open until I open it from the insides then all of a sudden it can open again until I lock it once again. And only till yesterday the same thing has happened to my boot where now I can’t open it. Not really sure what’s the problem. Anyone know any good tips and tricks to do to get it working fine again? without having to go to the mechanic and spend like £200 on whole new central locking?

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
Hi, on my mk 4 Ibiza, I found the catch on the doors and the boot lid get mucky and stick, sometimes.

I cleaned them up and then re oiled, has been ok ever since.

Jan 23, 2021
Hi, on my mk 4 Ibiza, I found the catch on the doors and the boot lid get mucky and stick, sometimes.

I cleaned them up and then re oiled, has been ok ever since.
Yeah I could give that a try tomorrow. Earlier today I got a bit of WD-40 and try to get at the locks and didn’t work straight away so I left it and gonna see what it’s like tomorrow and see if anything has happened. If not then I’ll probably try and give it a full clean and see what else I can do. Cheers for the idea tho

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
Just after cleaning if using wd40 use real oil to lubricate it, as wd40 is not oil, only good for the cleaning off the oil dirty old oil.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.