Door Module / folding wing mirror - 5Q4 959 593B Problems!

Jan 11, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a 64 plate Leon FR 184. A few months ago the drivers side wing mirror stopped folding in when I held down the lock on the fob for 3 seconds, it also won't fold with the switch on the door from the inside. The mirror adjustment part of the switch inside still works.

Took it to my mechanic who said it was a fault with the door module, he apparently plugged it in. His quote to replace it was ridiculous so I decided to try and get hold of a genuine second hand one and replace it ourselves. The replacement is visually identical with same part number.

When we replaced it (which was relatively simple) the drivers side door would not lock, with either fob or key! Tried the folding mirrors, this did not work either. Should we have disconnected the battery or done some kind of re-set after replacing the module? Has anyone replaced the door module before on a MK3?

We have put the old module back in for now. I think we need the replace the whole wing mirror myself so might try this as a second resort.

TIA

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
I haven’t replaced the door module, however I had a similar issue with my drivers door mirror just last week, where it was stuck and wouldn’t fold out.
Didn’t get any responses when I posted on here so guessing it’s not a common problem.

I went ahead and purchased a new mirror, used my old casing and replaced, works fine. It’s easy enough to do if you have to tools.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Have you got anyway of scanning for fault codes when the replacement module is installed? And do you have the original error code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 11, 2020
I haven’t replaced the door module, however I had a similar issue with my drivers door mirror just last week, where it was stuck and wouldn’t fold out.
Didn’t get any responses when I posted on here so guessing it’s not a common problem.

I went ahead and purchased a new mirror, used my old casing and replaced, works fine. It’s easy enough to do if you have to tools.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah thank you. I may do this, did you have to do any resets or anything? Did you buy second hand?

Jan 11, 2020
Have you got anyway of scanning for fault codes when the replacement module is installed? And do you have the original error code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Paddy,

I don’t, but I could invest if you think it’s worth it?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members