Door panel interior

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
looking at upgrading the factory speakers in the door panels (i know they are good but i spent alot of money on my sound system in my old polo and i kind of miss it), has anyone had a go at removing these yet, i have found two screws at the bottom of the door but im scared to try it incase i break something

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Dont unless you know what your doing. The door trim comes off complete with the window regulator, door lock mech the whole lot much like the MK2 Leon. I'll see if I can put together a how to next time i take one off.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
ok thanks for the advice, i eagerly await the guide then, Martley is only a 2 hour drive from me, i wouldnt mind driving down to you if you could help me with it?, im also thinking about wiring my sub in aswell, not sure i want to get rid of the factory head unit though,

techie could you do me a massive favour and next time you get a ibiza SC in, could you see if there is anywhere for a power cable to get into the cabin from the battery without drilling

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Took a door trim off on Friday, bleedin nightmare for the first one (drivers one is more difficult).

The regulator, door catch etc does all come out with the door trim, there is not alot left of the door afterwards and the speaker screws into the back of the trim so fitting bigger or better ones could be tricky, maybe some MDF spacers would need to be made up first.

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
Took a door trim off on Friday, bleedin nightmare for the first one (drivers one is more difficult).

The regulator, door catch etc does all come out with the door trim, there is not alot left of the door afterwards and the speaker screws into the back of the trim so fitting bigger or better ones could be tricky, maybe some MDF spacers would need to be made up first.

some pics while taking door trims off would be awesome :(

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I took lots of pics today when stripping a door down so will put them together in a little how to I think. Also worth noting front speakers are 70-75mm deep.

Probably get it together over the weekend. But we warned, not for the faint hearted..lol

evgeni432

Crazy Russian
Nov 12, 2009
Israel
bought a Alpine amp few days ago, there is an Italian forum about ibiza models, with great experience and many interesting questions and answers, i can't understand every thing becouse of bad translation from Google but there are some useful things like service hole that is great for running amp power line.

http://www.ibizatuningclub.com/ITC_Forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=18600

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

some more pics from an israeli audio forum.

154661951.jpg

154661953.jpg

154661966.jpg

God damn that's really upsetting...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise