down on power dyno

WASPY

live life with speed!!!!
Apr 28, 2009
Stowmarket
Hi all
just had my car dyno'd come out with 182.6 bhp 226 torque. i have a print out from jabba with 198 bhp 284 torque. dunno why its down on power can anyone help:confused:

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Have you changed anything since last RR?
Weather can have effect (warmer)
Was the aircon made sure it was switched off?
TC button off?
Also the fact that its dyno lottery.

Could be anything mate, how does the car feel to drive.

WASPY

live life with speed!!!!
Apr 28, 2009
Stowmarket
Have you changed anything since last RR?
Weather can have effect (warmer)
Was the aircon made sure it was switched off?
TC button off?
Also the fact that its dyno lottery.

Could be anything mate, how does the car feel to drive.

Na havent changed a thing mate. the car feel it loosing boost a lil quick but dont really no what to try first.:confused:

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
You seem to be missing the point - it may well be the same power, just two different readings from two different dynos.

If you're that concerned get some logs with VAG COM and post them up so we can see whether everything is running as it should be. One of the simplest things to check would be the boost if you have a gauge?

WASPY

live life with speed!!!!
Apr 28, 2009
Stowmarket
Oh ok. yeh i have a boost gauge dunno what it should hold at though in ever gear coz mine do drop off quite quick n really low.

Mat

yup... dyno lottery!

Plus, I've always said, never get the company who maps your car to RR it (unless they're using it to map). For example, if "Company A" maps it, go to "Company B" to put it on the RR. As the map company are bound to give you a read out you want ;)

ian_cupra

go to 3 or 4 different rollers and take an average :) best way really

WASPY

live life with speed!!!!
Apr 28, 2009
Stowmarket
yeh mine peak to 19 psi and hold about 14 psi in 4th n 5th, but drop to about 6 psi in the other gears. i am thinking to take it to another rr to see how much it differ.

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
hmmm perhaps as many have mentioned its just the dyno lottery, you could always go back to the same place and raise your concerns, see if they'll run it again to verify their read outs. Not a lot else you can do :(

jamiebennett81

VAG com it to see any faults....possibly a fading MAF..

or could be:

dyno lottery
weather
boost leak
bad batch of fuel
aliens have borrowed some bhp for their spaceship to get it back to planet Zog

the list goes on......

WASPY

live life with speed!!!!
Apr 28, 2009
Stowmarket
it relly annoying me now but i think i found the problem. took my car out last nite put my foot down oly boost to 4 psi unplugged the maf straight away boost as normal does this mean i need a new maf.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.