Downpipe to fit scorpion exhaust - miltek/blueflame?

Hey folks

I searched but no one seemed to confirm this...

Since I have now got a revo 2 ecu I really need a downpipe to replace the stock one.
I have a scorpion cat back but have been told miltek nor blueflame downpipes will fit that system. Something regarding bore sizes?

I'd like to replace the whole system but it's a bit expensive at the moment.

Scorpion is a bit loud for me are the blueflames loud? My friend has a resonated miltek and it's very quiet which I'd prefer depending how loud blueflame is.

If they fit I could get the downpipe now and the cat back a bit later.

Cheapest I have seen is about 360 for downpipe?

Many thanks in advance :)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I got a Blueflame turbo back with 200 cell race cat and its really good. Nice and quiet round town. Really roars when you jump on the loud pedal. Can drne abit on the motorway, only if you go over 80ish though.

Good bit of kit

Hey Cupramillo :)

Yea, I think the blueflame's look like really nice bits of kit, I like Milltek twin pipe, but also the Blueflame oval suits the car well, either look good and not to over the top.

Are the blueflames louder than the resonated Millteks? When you say quiet round town, do you mean standard-ish quiet?

I don't mind the noise when you put your foot down, as the Millteks are like that too, and I used to have a Supersprint on my old MK3 Cupra, that was silent at idle, but great when foot down - but that was only a cat-back.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I had a Supersprint back box and that was quiet as hell, got the odd pop but that was it. Yeh the BF is quiet round town when your just cruising, stray over 3.5-4k and it starts to bark. Cant compare it to the Milltek as i havent heard one in the flesh. But you wont be upset if you go BF, you'll love it!

Hmm decisions decisions! been offered both for great prices...!!! Only thing thats putting off either;

1) Blueflame *may* be too loud ? I really want almost stock silence when driving slow / at idle...
I've searched, and it seems a few people have got rid due to it being a bit loud for them?

2) Milltek - apparantly doesn't fit too well? Particularly if lowered? - I know the silence of the Miltek resonated system is perfect though.

Thing is, the Scorpion cat-back is extremely loud, if I change it for something that's loud as well, it defeats the object (asides from the fact I am getting a new downpipe/cat but even so).

If I got the Miltek I could ask the fitter to push the system in more so the tailpipes are nearly flush with the bumper, is that correct? Or anything I could do to sort the fitment problem right from the offset? (new rubber mounts etc?)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I too have heard that nthe scorpion is really loud! I cant see the BF being any louder. IMHO mine is not stupidly loud at all. Only on boost does it bark.

Hard choice to make mate, let us know what you go for.

BF gets my vote, and its a fair amount cheaper than the Miltek and just the same quality and doesnt knock

Theres £40 in it for me between the 2 systems, I agree about the Blueflame - appears to fit a lot better.

I think it really comes down to noise! As both the tailpipes look good IMO, I know some prefer Oval, others prefer twin, I think they both look nice.

Putting foot down and having noise is fine, it's only the idling / low speed driving through towns i'd prefer it to be silent as possible.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Na its not loud at all mate at those speeds, even at around 60 in 5th if your gentle on the throttle its not loud in the slightest.

Can be loud if you put your foot down on the motor way if your going 70+, but at the end of the day its a full sports exhaust system, so you would t want it to be quiet.

Hey mate - yea that sounds ideal, right now, every man and his dog turns round when I merely start the engine lol! The Scorpion is a great sounding exhaust for those who like it loud at idle AND driving! :lol:

Blueflame it is sir! ;)

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
hhhmmm how much did the scorpion set you back mate i may invest in one of those i like my noise...

The miltek one does fit fine and doesnt knock if you move it forward as much as possible so the tailpipe is flush with the bumper what people have found and can confirm but imo oval looks much better...:D:

Hello mate, the Scorpion was on the car when I bought it, they are about £280 for the cat-back system, but obviously i'll be selling mine (not near that price!) when the Blueflame arrives in a couple - 3 weeks.

My mate has the Miltek, said he'd swap if I say the blueflames too loud lol! He misses the sound!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
I like the sound aswell ive got a custom one but need mine louder...lol...

cant see you thinking the blueflame is to loud though if it is your going to have to go back to standard..lol..

btw ive pm you..