DPF light

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
dpf light popped up this morning on my fr tdi cr 170 best way to get it off? just a good run get everything nice and hot to clear the soot out of it and should go back to normal is my guess? anyone to confirm this or other options are welcome

p.s i think dpf removal could be done soon now to prevent it happening regularly

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
10 minutes at a constant speed above 37mph (I think) with revs > 2000.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
"The ECU will trigger a regeneration process, if for some reason this is aborted, ie. customer slows down, stops etc, the process will be resumed when regeneration conditions are once again met, above 60km/h (38mph). This will continue for 15 minutes."

"When the warning lamp comes on, the driver should drive at a constant speed of at least 60 km/h for about 10 minutes."

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263734

Last edited:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
"The ECU will trigger a regeneration process, if for some reason this is aborted, ie. customer slows down, stops etc, the process will be resumed when regeneration conditions are once again met, above 60km/h (38mph). This will continue for 15 minutes."

"When the warning lamp comes on, the driver should drive at a constant speed of at least 60 km/h for about 10 minutes."

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263734

10 minutes at a constant speed above 37mph (I think) with revs > 2000.

cheers for that!! better have a trip on the motorway tonight to get it sorted :D

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
A good run as mentioned above will/should clear it, however depending on the age of the car it will become more regular.

Also yours is a PD170 not a CR engine ;)

Had mine deleted as with the remap it was regenning everyday, sometimes twice a day.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
A good run as mentioned above will/should clear it, however depending on the age of the car it will become more regular.

Also yours is a PD170 not a CR engine ;)

Had mine deleted as with the remap it was regenning everyday, sometimes twice a day.

aye i think dpf removal and map maybe done if it becomes a common problem my mate has a 13 plate ibiza fr with less that 50k and his does it a few times a week :/

cheers for that for some reason somewhere i read its a CR engine haha :confused:

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
Isn't DPF removal an MOT failure these days?

I'm having trouble with my DPF. It now won't regenerate at all, so I'm looking at some kind of deep cleaning process (which involves taking the DPF off to do it) or a new DPF (but it's silly money to have this done).

As a cheaper alternative that would also guarantee no future DPF problems I would quite happily go for a removal and re-map of the ECU if it didn't result in an MOT failure, but a car without an MOT isn't much use to me!

Last edited:

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Isn't DPF removal an MOT failure these days?

I'm having trouble with my DPF. It now won't regenerate at all, so I'm looking at some kind of deep cleaning process (which involves taking the DPF off to do it) or a new DPF (but it's silly money to have this done).

As a cheaper alternative that would also guarantee no future DPF problems I would quite happily go for a removal and re-map of the ECU if it didn't result in an MOT failure. A car without an MOT isn't much use to me!

It's also illegal... the MOT check is purely visual (at the moment) so obviously if you remove the guts of the DPF have it fitted back to the car and mapped out there's pretty much no way of knowing it's been removed, they are a pain in the rear if you don't do a lot of miles/high revs regularly.

no different from running a decat for goodness sake and how many run them on a petrol turbo, also a petrol would fail emmisions where a diesel wont, a particulate filter should never have been introduced , why didnt they just add Adblue system like on commercials, im north east based if anyone is having problems you more than welcome to contact me

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Isn't adblue on a lot of Audi's and other cars now? It is ridiculous the whole dpf thing :/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
no different from running a decat for goodness sake and how many run them on a petrol turbo, also a petrol would fail emmisions where a diesel wont, a particulate filter should never have been introduced , why didnt they just add Adblue system like on commercials, im north east based if anyone is having problems you more than welcome to contact me

It's entirely different from a decat, for one a catalyst doesn't remove particles from the exhaust.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.