Dreaded TCS light

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi all

The good thing is that most people have had this but I could not find it specifically.

The TCS light is on and it's staying on. Over the last few months it's been on and clears after a day or so. No codes in OBD but that might be because of the cheapo OBD scanner I am using, not sure
Any ideas?

Regards

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Hi mate, ok I had this a few year back, I tried doing some sort of calibration by moving car forward and back and turning steering wheel 1way then the other something like that but it didn't work, I also tried undoing the battery for 30 mins to reset system this did not work but for others has, some have a said steering angle sensor fixed it for them, for me it was like a silver module/sensor if you look above ur pedals upwards your steering wheel you should see a silver module sensor with a sticker on it, that's what I replaced and it's been fine since, u will need a torch and ur phone take a pic of it for part number if I remember it was like 15 notes on ebay just a fiddly job because where it is. But try the battery and that maybe 1st.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
I think this was it, but look anyway as your part number may differ.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_094033_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_094033_eBay.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 53

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Cheers Daz and Hi mate, long time no speak. Hope to meet up soon at some point.
So, I drove it today and no TCS light, weird but I will keep an eye on it and take note of what you mentioned. Thank you again!
It's like one thing after another with this car, honestly. My wife is going mad cos I keep doing stuff and fixing things which are more preventative maintenance and she thinks it's an old car which I should really just sell 😂

So, the other thing I found is that the indicators don't blink when I lock the car. It used to.. any clues?

Reactions: Dazzalcr
Cheers Daz and Hi mate, long time no speak. Hope to meet up soon at some point.
So, I drove it today and no TCS light, weird but I will keep an eye on it and take note of what you mentioned. Thank you again!
It's like one thing after another with this car, honestly. My wife is going mad cos I keep doing stuff and fixing things which are more preventative maintenance and she thinks it's an old car which I should really just sell 😂

So, the other thing I found is that the indicators don't blink when I lock the car. It used to.. any clues?
I'd say that one of your door locks is faulty and isn't locking when you press the remote. Mine did this and it was down to one of the back doors not locking at all. A few months later I noticed the indicators started flashing again when locking, but I then also noticed the same door won't now unlock and is deadlocked.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
I'd say that one of your door locks is faulty and isn't locking when you press the remote. Mine did this and it was down to one of the back doors not locking at all. A few months later I noticed the indicators started flashing again when locking, but I then also noticed the same door won't now unlock and is deadlocked.
Cheers I will check this.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
No probs jay, hope it sorts it self out mate, mine happend as I had traction off(its never truly off I hear) and it kicked in due to some wheelspin and it then just stayed on.
Well my motor is in garage will be till some time next year trying to fix an issue with the respray(I have no luck lol) and then lots of new bits to put on some are presents as I've now owned it 10yrs. Tell ur wife a new car has far more tec and issues to go wrong with will be more expensive to fix as new cars need a mechanic with laptop and ain't got the something that has made most of us keep hold of these. You enjoying the car/build your doing still besides lying about the cost of parts to your wife lol.

Reactions: Jay20VT

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Anyway, so all doors lock fine and TCS light has been off last few days.. oh the joy. I still love her though, always a pleasure to drive

Reactions: Dazzalcr

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Anyway, so all doors lock fine and TCS light has been off last few days.. oh the joy. I still love her though, always a pleasure to drive
Aww...you can't replace this for sure. 🤗
I do get tired of the words 'You should sell it', from so many people oddly. I've bluntly said never gonna happen, I'd live in my car my car if I had to.
Glad to hear it's ok m8. 👍

Reactions: Jay20VT

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Aww...you can't replace this for sure. 🤗
I do get tired of the words 'You should sell it', from so many people oddly. I've bluntly said never gonna happen, I'd live in my car my car if I had to.
Glad to hear it's ok m8. 👍
Hello mate, long time no speak
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I love the rarity and I draw to those who are clued up about these cars. Whilst I try my best to keep the mileage under control, one can't help but drive it at any given opportunity 😂
Wanted to wash it today but this weather is proper poo

Reactions: BadBoy03

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
My hazards don't flash even though the doors lock and unlock fine.
The front passenger left locks half a second after the others so something is up with it and that's the cause on mine. Need to change it when the weather stops raining

Reactions: BadBoy03

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Hello mate, long time no speak
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I love the rarity and I draw to those who are clued up about these cars. Whilst I try my best to keep the mileage under control, one can't help but drive it at any given opportunity 😂
Wanted to wash it today but this weather is proper poo
Yeah, weather is rough & 5mins on the road, car is covered in sh8 again. 😞

MK R BOY

Mar 5, 2008
So I have the intermittent TCS light on, My OBD reader is telling me its the G201 sensor???

Could this be the peddle sensor too or not?

I've been looking about specifically regarding the G201 sensor, there seems to be a lot of talk about a sensor in the ABS unit and whether its inside the main ABS unit and cannot be got to (there is a workaround fix apparently) or whether is actually screws into the housing and can be replaced.

I went into SEAT today and spoke to the parts guys who was kind enough to print off the location, seems there is no sensor in the ABS housing at all, instead there are two sensors below the brake fluid reservoir, its called the dual pump housing or something and these just screw in and out.

It looks like an absolute pig to get to though, has anyone got any experience of the above and help me try to sort this light out??

Many thanks