Driver side screen was jet issue.

Sep 16, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi all,

Can't seem to find any info on this or if this is normal.. however I noticed this evening that whenever I cleared by windscreen with screen wash the remains ran down my driver side front light, did some digging as I thought that shouldn't be normal and it turns out it's not only spraying out as normal but also spraying out where it connects to the pipe in multiple directions, please see image for reference of where the multiple direction spray happens:

1606854469423.png

This in turn sprays washer fluid inside the bonnet itself and then out a small hole and down and over the drivers headlight. One thing to note that the washer jet itself sits very lose meaning it spins quite freely and the passenger side sits nice and tight with zero issues of leaking etc.

Can anyone help or do you think this is a dealer fix?

Ta!

Gav

Attachments

• Screenshot_214.png
    Screenshot_214.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 98
Sep 16, 2019
Wiltshire
Just want to bump this..

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the part number of the little white piece? I believe it's called a non return valve.. or is there a diagram anywhere which shows if this part is seperate?

Just to help my Leon is a 2016 FR.

Thanks,

Gav

Sep 16, 2019
Wiltshire
All fixed and replaced with a new 'elbow fitting' as Seat updated it from a straight valve type thing to a corner shaped valve in early 2020... part no. 3B0 955 665 C if anyone is curious! Will also say that the pressure is now far better than previous and can recommend getting the older style swapped over!

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
All fixed and replaced with a new 'elbow fitting' as Seat updated it from a straight valve type thing to a corner shaped valve in early 2020... part no. 3B0 955 665 C if anyone is curious! Will also say that the pressure is now far better than previous and can recommend getting the older style swapped over!
Glad you manged to sort it, well done!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.