Drivers door lock, connector part number ?

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Dear All

Currently sorting out a failed window regulator on my Leon MK1 drivers door and finding it a real pain to get the connector on the door wiring loom to release cleanly from the door lock assembly so it can slide through the door card. It feels like it's stuck and if I have to cut it off it would be great to be able to do a like for like replacement.

Any suggestions for the correct part number, I think its a VAG 8 pin connector plug 1J0973714 1J0 973 714.

PS, no obvious water leaks from that door, but there is quite abuild up of crap in the bottom of the door frame, so a good opportunity to give it a good clear out and unblock the drain holes. Butyl sealing tape to hand to make sure it all goes back together again nice and water tight.

Thanks for any suggestions, Snark

Last edited:

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Hi Matty

Thanks, that's a great link. Found the drivers door wiring loom breakdown, yup, its an 8 pin connector 1J0973714 1J0. I managed to get it to release this evening, it was something of a fiddle and needed a mirror on a stick to guide in a small flat bladed screwdriver to hit the release catch that's hidden from view if you dont also remove the locking mechanism.

Door card out now, it was very obvious one of the plastic runners on the window regulator had completely failed, letting the pull cord free and allowing it to knot up nastily inside the bobbin. All stripped out and a new regulator set installed now, that turned out to be a bit of a fiddle as well.

Thanks for the help, Cheers, Snark

Last edited:

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Hi Matty

By way of a follow up, any recommendations for a decent on line supplier for "hard to source" parts for a Mk1 Leon ? Managed to snap the locking rod which connects up through the door to the internal lock push button while replacing the door card, part number 1M0837184. Can't seem to find a UK supplier for that, a couple of possibles in Germany and a potential 2nd hand part on Ebay.

Cheers, Snark

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Hi Snark,

I just had the exact same issues as yourself except on the passenger side door.

After wasting time and effort buying a cheap but utterly useless regulator cable kit from Okzam via ebay, which was a real pain to install and then broke whilst still testing it on the car, I bought a genuine VAG one from Mike at Listers.
I also broke the locking rod and ordered another one from Mike at the same time.

1M0837184 - locking rod for drivers side
3B0837187 - door pin

http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...category/837000/part_id/1401481/lang/e#sec_15

Cheers to mty12345 for the above link.

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Hi Hamzill

Cheers, all sorted and the door back together again thanks. The window regulator replacement kit I used came from Amazon and as you say, they are a bit of a pain to install. I ended up trimming about 5mm off the outer steel guide tube of one of the cables with a dremmel as it was way to tight otherwise.

I ended up fixing the locking rod, it failed at a 90 degree bend so I cut back the broken ends a few mm, threaded them M4, made up a 90 degree tapped piece of metal tube and thread locked the whole thing together. That needed the door lock module out so I had enough room to put a thread on one end of the rod, so all in all more of an adventure than I was really looking for this weekend !

Cheers, Snark

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.