Door lock issue

rantaraa

Jan 24, 2024
Hello guys.2 days ago i changed window regulator on passenger side door.Everything was fine until i finish and close the door.After that i am not able to open it,Neither from outside or inside.When i press unlock on key nothing happen on that door,driver side door unlock with button but when i press lock button it lock and unlock...What can be cause?I tried to unlock passenger door from inside 100 times and lock it and unlock it with lever.I can hear that mechanism work but it wont open.Is there any way to open it?Thanks.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Sounds like the rod that goes onto the door lock module has been pushed into the lock position.
Have you put it all back together?

rantaraa

Jan 24, 2024
Yes i do.I dont put door card or panel however is it called.So can i cut small hole in door tin to access car lock mechanism and push lever up?Will it unlock open doors?

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Have you got a photo? Don't want you cutting into things if you don't need to.

it happened to me when I changed the lock and I panicked when it locked shut. Getting my arm in there and moving the lever worked for me.

rantaraa

Jan 24, 2024

it happened to me when I changed the lock and I panicked when it locked shut. Getting my arm in there and moving the lever worked for me.
i will post photo there tomorrow in the morning,thank you for helping me :).

rantaraa

Jan 24, 2024

IMG_20240125_102228.jpg

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Phew you haven't put the door card back. You should just be able to remove the metal door plate and get access to the lock module. Will be a pain to get the metal off again but should be possible

rantaraa

Jan 24, 2024
I fixed it :D,thanks @Alexis27 and @Battoussai .If the same thing happens to someone, all you have to do is release the cable that is connected to the outside handle. just pull the handle and you can see the cable from the side, disconnect the cable and push it inside then you can open the car with inside handle.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.