Drl not turning off

Jul 25, 2021
Hi I’ve recently had one of my dipped beam bulbs fail. I’ve replaced the bulb but now the drls stay on even with headlights on in the past this never happened. Any ideas o n what could be causing this?

Reactions: Fthdr

Fthdr

Nov 27, 2023
Hey, maybe needs to be code again. You can use OBDeleven for easy coding. It will let you turn on and off drl in car setting.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Hi I’ve recently had one of my dipped beam bulbs fail. I’ve replaced the bulb but now the drls stay on even with headlights on in the past this never happened. Any ideas o n what could be causing this?
Normally drl, stand for day time running light which means its runs all the time.
So are you saying only one drl is on permenant?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Unless someone's been fiddling with coding them off, DRL's are supposed to be permanently on daytime or night, but go to (I think) 50% brightness when the headlights are on. That's how the LED strip DRL's work. As yours have halogen bulbs, do you just have the DRL bulb in the corner of the headlight unit?

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Unless someone's been fiddling with coding them off, DRL's are supposed to be permanently on daytime or night, but go to (I think) 50% brightness when the headlights are on. That's how the LED strip DRL's work. As yours have halogen bulbs, do you just have the DRL bulb in the corner of the headlight unit?
My 2019 facelift has the halogen headlights with the LED triangles for DRLs in the corner. These dim to 50% for sidelights, but switch off completely when the headlights are switched on
My precious 2014 pre facelift had LED headlights. The LED DRL strips dimmed with the sidelights on, but these stayed on with the headlights

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.