DSG 7 rattling NOISES! HELP PLEASE!

olaf133

I'm having the same problem here, my car is from belgium, so it's not just a UK problem, dealer didn't even take a look, says theres nothing wrong with the car...
Getting kinda frustrated here, anyone any ideas?

MARKG_BOC

Feb 2, 2010
nottinghamshire
I have noticed a lot when sharp cornering my car starts to judder and yesterday it did it that bad felt like it was going to stall.
Does any one else notice that as well

olivier-nl

I just registered myself on this forum (see thread newbies, proud owner of MK5 cupra).
And I have to tell you I got the same problem as all of you guys overhere...

Really strange, also got it to the dealer here in the Netherlands and they told me it's normal and there's nothing to worry about. Well I just agreed and I think it should be partly right as all of you seem to be coping with this rattling problem...and if not, then will return it for warranty if I crash the box into pieces...

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
Sadly I think i'm having this problems too with 1 week old cupra !
I will go for a drive tomorrow and stay alert for any noises
Kinda frustrated and sad bout this cause I don't expect such stuff from a new car
Hoping it's nothing serious :(

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I did notice yesterday that my box on the odd ocassion when gearing down in auto coming to a stop is crashy, mainly going from either 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to 1st. Annoying tbh as you get a sudden jolt and decelleration, not good for something that is meant to be smooth. I am not worried though but think I will mention it to the dealers if the car goes in again IF i ever get the management light on again.

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Mine still rattles changing down and going over rough road or speed humps. Dont think it will ever be sorted to be honest, plus the oil use. Car goes ok, rattles and creaks alot rubbish build quality. To be honest I am not spending anymore money on it as to mods or anything else. Sold the side skirts and spoiler I had for it and it will be definitely going in January, March at the latest. It has been remarkable fun but quite disapointing at times. I will never use SMC Windsor to buy a car from again or probably SEAT for a car. Not been the best of purchasing experiences. Rather rubbish in fact

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
But do you guys really hear it rattle when you are driving with your windows closed? I hear mine rattle also a little every now and then, but I really need to have my window open and listen for it.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
I did notice yesterday that my box on the odd ocassion when gearing down in auto coming to a stop is crashy, mainly going from either 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to 1st. Annoying tbh as you get a sudden jolt and decelleration, not good for something that is meant to be smooth. I am not worried though but think I will mention it to the dealers if the car goes in again IF i ever get the management light on again.

did you have the dsg update jason i had the car in because the rattle whas getting louder and i had the same as you it almost felt like i was misshiften a manualcar than i had the update and it was a little bit less rattles but the shiften was smoother than ever.

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
Went for an hour drive this morning just to confirm the rattling and mine does do them too
Not sure how should I proceed from here cause I don't know if it's normal or not
Car performance is not affected by the rattling and no engine lights showing up on the dashboard
My car is a week old with round 300-400 km done, really sad and kinda confused of what to do cause from what I read on this thread it seems to be something serious...

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I hardly notice rattles at all tbh, just the crashy down changes. M3rta had no idea there was an update for the box. Will have a chat with the dealers and see what they say about that.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
I hardly notice rattles at all tbh, just the crashy down changes. M3rta had no idea there was an update for the box. Will have a chat with the dealers and see what they say about that.

yeah it is just a silent recall when your car is in they do the update same with the ecu update

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
pr0xy i have to be honest mate I have not heard of a gearbox failing yet from rattles so I wouldn't stress too much about it. If it is really bothering you then go to your dealer and get a tech to drive with you in the car and point out the rattles to him. I know a few guys had to do that as the techs kept insisting there were no issues. Alternatively if they have another car with a dsg there, test that one too for comparrison.

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
Still not sure if this is like a " standard " with the DSG
Mine was the only Cupra they had cause I live in a small country, I don't wanna loose the car just scared bout the rattling, don't want it to fail on me
Gotta add too that we really have bad roads here so that could be a problem too

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am sure there are no major issues mate, you have warranty any way so if something does go wrong you're sorted.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise