DSG 7 rattling NOISES! HELP PLEASE!

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
peterdub

Can you keep us updated please, on how it goes now with the new software update.

Last edited:

MARKG_BOC

Feb 2, 2010
nottinghamshire
I get noises to all the time makes me wanna get rid of it. I feel like I haven't got a new car with all noises
Another thing 3 people said to me when I'm behind them in my car at night the drivers fog light keeps coming on and off when going round corners
Doing my head in

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
hahahaha cornering fogs!!! I had mine de-activated. Drove me nuts too with ppl telling me the whole time my fog light is on.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I thought you knew about them?! The most useless bit of kit if you ask me but some ppl seem to like them.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I got tur8o_boi to de-activate mine. He spent a good while messing round working out the coding to de-activate it after all dealer techs I spoke to told me and him it could not be done. Best £20 i ever spent on the car hahahahahhahahahahaa

peterdub

peterdub

Can you keep us updated please, on how it goes now with the new software update.

Hi everybody,
Well after 3 weeks from the update so far so good, i still get some minor noises but nothing compared how it sounded before. When i drive with the windows up i can barely hear them. Also no more clunks when downshifting especially in "small" gears (ex. from 3 to 2, 2 to 1), not even when i park in an uphill road and pull the stick from P to D (used to have a major clunk almost every time). As i wrote before the car is even smoother, still got the rattling door issue though will see about a solution to that.
I 'll keep you updated if anything happens.

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
So who else has had these software updates on there service then, and has it helped.

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
peterdub

Have you a code number or name for these software updates you have had done ,or can you find out for us all please.

Cheers.

peterdub

peterdub

Have you a code number or name for these software updates you have had done ,or can you find out for us all please.

Cheers.

Hi guys,
Unfortunately i don't have the codes of the updates but I'm going to ask them tomorrow as I've already booked my car for changing the water pump. If they tell me I'll inform you asap.
Cheers.

peterdub

Hi guys,
Just got back from dealers and got news about the software update, according to their system the new software for the dsg is 0AM300047T. Don't know if it's a code or version but this is what they told me. Hope this could come handy.
Cheers.

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
Ok
Well done.
I will see now what we can find out about this, and we will ask for this when we go in for our first service this month
Thanks again
Keep us posted.
Cheers.

najiabinader

Hey Everybody
it's been a while i didn't check this post, and i have already given up on my new Seat Ibiza with DSG7.
Not only i'm getting the rattling noises from the DSG, but the car is being very harsh when breaking, and sometimes, and when i'm breaking, the break paddle is also making a clunck noise.
Last time i was at the garage, they told me that there was a software update and they applied it on my car, but it made it worse.
I will check with them during my 10.000 km visit.
Please keep us updated guys!
Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.