dsg Mq 200 are they different

gus2000

Oct 13, 2015
Does anyone want to talk about DSG’s and how they differ from between brand to brand in the the VW stable. So, for example, my Mum has just got a Mk 6 TDi 1.6 DSg, and I am thinking to get to Mk3 Leon 1.8 Fr DSG.

I know the gearboxes (dsg Mq 200) are the same whether its Audi or a Skoda but is the electronics different between the brands. So, it might behave a bit sportier in a Seat than an Audi?

Has anyone compared them between VW’s Skoda, Audi and Seat.

best
angus

gus2000

Oct 13, 2015
Your Mech is nice.
Are the DSg’s are the same across the brands, must be the same, with only minor upgrades in the mechatronics with model changes or firmware upgrades.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
They are exactly the same and all are limited to 250 Nm of torque.
Next to that there is a service recall that forsees a regular oil change (when it is due to the service interval) of the DSG but they will preventive use mineral oil instead of the synthetic oil due to problems with high temps in the box resulting of standing still in traffic jams in warm to hot conditions outside. they had masssive problems with that in China.
Just each car make has their own software fine tuning regarding to the the DSG firmware when necessary.

Last edited:

JF77

Oct 28, 2003
Derby
Visit site
my DSG is rubbish - its got a mind of its own.

Been at the dealers for two days - 4 weeks ago and neither the dealer or SEAT can find the fault.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
my DSG is rubbish - its got a mind of its own.

Been at the dealers for two days - 4 weeks ago and neither the dealer or SEAT can find the fault.

You have a Cupra 280 with DSG box?
It is very rare to hear or read about problems with the 6 speed DSG because there are nearly none but just as a manual it is not 100% flawless and sad you are one of the rare occasions.
I know now at least 15 Cupra DSG drivers and none have any problem with the box.
My mileage at the moment is 30.000 without any probs.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
That is for all DGS boxes 60.000 km and comes not cheap.
Here in the Netherlands it is about € 270,00 without labour.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.