Towbar for Mk3 Facelift FR

Aug 16, 2022
Hi

So I'm looking to get a towbar fitted to my wife's FR hatchback - specifically a detachable swan neck. Brink, Westfalia, Witter etc all do these, for example this one: -

However, they all list the fact that it's a visible bumper cut - and needs a "cover" from SEAT to hide it. I've seen pictures of it e.g. from another post here ( courtest of @Tass): -

1663921463389.png

However, that's pre-facelift. The post-facelift is different and has a hole underneath - see side-by-side below: -

1663921557531.png

And underneath from our car: -

1663921579188.png

I'm assuming this hole is there to accommodate a factory towbar - however, has anyone fitted an aftermarket removable swan neck to a facelift FR hatchback, with this cutout, and know whether it needs any additional cutting or whether it goes in unmodified?

Thanks

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
You could try asking a fitting company that question - they're usually pretty clued up. If you're in the South-East give Road Radio in Crawley a ring.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi, its unclear if you have the pre or post version, but if it is the post as you say it should fit without any additional cutting
I have the ST and have the hole as mine is a 19 plate and it sits where the hole is and just sits just out of site and the electrics
just fold down so you can plug the electrics in

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members