DSG paddle Shifters

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Not sure. Ive ordered a few things from aliexpress and always delivered to yorkshire

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peller

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Dunno what's happening here! I've had stuff from them before. Hopefully a glitch. I'll try again tomorrow.
534d368533cca273d8d43a7db07fd1f8.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
I think I may be one of the only people happy woth the paddle shifters that are standard. Over the 4+ years of cupra ownership, I've never missed a paddle considering the short ratio steering rack. But each to their own I suppose...

The weird thing is I've used a few other manufactures padle shift padles... and my logirtch g920 Xbox steering wheel is better haha, I think that seat paddle shift have a good quality ( albeit plastic ) feel... they are very responsive

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I think I may be one of the only people happy woth the paddle shifters that are standard. Over the 4+ years of cupra ownership, I've never missed a paddle considering the short ratio steering rack. But each to their own I suppose...

The weird thing is I've used a few other manufactures padle shift padles... and my logirtch g920 Xbox steering wheel is better haha, I think that seat paddle shift have a good quality ( albeit plastic ) feel... they are very responsive

They're not bad, just wish they were a bit taller.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I'm a little confused on which paddles to get. Full replacements aren't being made by any manufacturer as far as I can tell so we're stuck with stick-on extensions.

However, I thought the stick-on extensions were the same as for Golf GTI/R MK7 but according to DSG Paddles shop those use a different fitment called SE7EN. Cupra use the same fitment as Audi 2013-2016 models it seems. I have e-mailed them, will see what they say.

https://www.dsg-paddles.com/collections/skoda/products/paddles-audi-aluminum-v2

Pics of mine:

DSC_2223.jpg
DSC_2224.jpg

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
I'm a little confused on which paddles to get. Full replacements aren't being made by any manufacturer as far as I can tell so we're stuck with stick-on extensions.

However, I thought the stick-on extensions were the same as for Golf GTI/R MK7 but according to DSG Paddles shop those use a different fitment called SE7EN. Cupra use the same fitment as Audi 2013-2016 models it seems. I have e-mailed them, will see what they say.

https://www.dsg-paddles.com/collections/skoda/products/paddles-audi-aluminum-v2

Pics of mine:

View attachment 12900 View attachment 12901

Well, as far as i am concerned, the only problem we have when putting this extensions -appart from the "coupling"- is that "+" & "-" symbols are not illuminated on the paddles. I can't believe that not a single manufacturer had think of us. Maybe if we pose a group purchase they would model some full paddle for us...

Anyway, i'll take a look at your link.

Regards!!!

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
@Dannnnn while I have your attention, is the cheaper "Black Natural Versatile Plastic" sturdy/rigid enough or which material would you recommend?

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
@Dannnnn while I have your attention, is the cheaper "Black Natural Versatile Plastic" sturdy/rigid enough or which material would you recommend?
Based on the datasheets I have access to the Black Pa12 is the stiffest material.

The curved paddles are stiffer by design (curved shapes are always stiffer).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zer0

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Sorry @Dannnnn just one more question. How do you remove the airbag with the battery disconnected? Looks like the steering wheel must be turned 90 degrees both ways to reach the springs that hold it but can you turn the wheel when the battery is disconnected? I have keyless.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
I have owned an Octavia vRS and now a Leon FR. Both with DSG & paddles. Completely happy with the standard paddles. I suspect it depends on the steering technique (where the driver places their hands on the steering wheel rim) & whether he/she has the habit of manual gear changing when turning.