DTUK cupra 280

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Fitted my DTUK box on cupra 280 and really impressed with the improvements. Running it on 3+3 and over the couple hundred miles I've done it feels a lot more responsive and more of a power surge than before. Thought I'd get the tyres spinning a bit more but once in 2nd gear it wasn't an issue really in the dry. 10/10! Only took 20 mins to fit as well which was a bonus

mx5

Apr 26, 2014
Ireland
Interesting, thanks for sharing. What is 3+3 mode?

I would have thought you would get a lot of wheel spin and wheel hop. Are these safe to use on track?

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Have you told your insurance? If so what did it add to your premium?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
You get 3 settings which is how the power is delivered and then you get -3 to +3 which is level of power. So I'm using 3rd setting +3. Yeah I was surprised it put the power down really well. I assume they're safe for track but I don't do track days so unsure. Yes with elephant and the premium was an extra 70 for remaining 9 months so not too bad.

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
They state 330 on website so 50 bhp. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more as the golf and s3 put out 350+. It's worth the money IMO. Pulls a lot harder and makes me smile a lot more!

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I am certainly very tempted. Did you have to jack the car up to get to the bottom sensor?

How has it affected fuel economy ?

Cheers
Brett

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
I'd go for the JB1 instead. More sophisticated as it adds fuel, soon it will support modified afr targets aswell. Great support at golfmk7.com. So far for stage 1 they're on par with tunes.

Sent using my fingers

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Yeah I did. I just parked it half on a curb at home to squeeze under :p fuel economy I'm not too sure because I've had a very heavy foot since I put it in. I'm doing a long drive today so I'll report back.

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
George (the person who developed JB1 to vw) said earlier at it will stay beta until Burger Tuning can take over the support. Until then George is the support (and the best I've ever encountered). So beta is just out of a support perspective. The unit was tested 1 year prior to launch by George and hos crew. Been on the market since June this year.

Sent using my fingers

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
Fitted my DTUK box on cupra 280 and really impressed with the improvements. Running it on 3+3 and over the couple hundred miles I've done it feels a lot more responsive and more of a power surge than before. Thought I'd get the tyres spinning a bit more but once in 2nd gear it wasn't an issue really in the dry. 10/10! Only took 20 mins to fit as well which was a bonus

Piran,

have you tried map 1 yet, as that should feel a lot more responsive in the lower gears than map 3. My suggestion is to try map 1 plus 2 and plus 3

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.