dtuk tuning box 1.8 tsi

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
PS, just ordered a 1.8tsi FR and a friend of mine states he gets 36/40 mpg. Does this ring true with yourself?

I've had my 1.8 Tsi manual for just over 15 months now and still loving it and that's without any mods. Mine was one of the first in the UK. It seems so much lighter and faster than my previous Mk2 170 CR Tdi.

I've only done just over 10,000 miles in mine but get around 37 mpg on normal mixed driving for journeys of up to about 20 miles. On longer motorway and main road journeys I usually average at around 43 mpg. Not bad for 1.8 petrol engine which I tend to leave in sport mode all of the time.

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I've had my 1.8 Tsi manual for just over 15 months now and still loving it and that's without any mods. Mine was one of the first in the UK. It seems so much lighter and faster than my previous Mk2 170 CR Tdi.

I've only done just over 10,000 miles in mine but get around 37 mpg on normal mixed driving for journeys of up to about 20 miles. On longer motorway and main road journeys I usually average at around 43 mpg. Not bad for 1.8 petrol engine which I tend to leave in sport mode all of the time.

Cheers for that Ashforth, I'm looking forward to having fun again. Roll on Thirsday the 16th :rofl:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members