dtuk tuning box 1.8 tsi

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
Hi just wondering if any of you running the dtuk tuning box on the 1.8 tsi engine could give me any info on the different settings I'm looking at doing some 1/4 runs &wonderd which setting would be best for this I'm running 3-1 at the moment any info would be great cheers

Jord

Apr 29, 2012
Unfortunately I can't help you on the setting front but I am looking to get one for my 1.8 tsi, would you say it makes a decent difference, does it feel quicker and what's the mpg like?

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
Hi yes definitely makes a difference couldn't really tell any difference towards a remap to be fair it's quoted at 50 bhp more plus same with torque I couldn't judge the mpg I had it fitted the 1st day I bought the car so don't no any difference I had 38mpg on a run at 78mph with 1000 miles on the clock so not to bad I would imagine low 40s when fully run in

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
dtuk box

Is the box you use a "map" or is it the box that bluffs the ecu ?:shrug:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Hi yes definitely makes a difference couldn't really tell any difference towards a remap to be fair it's quoted at 50 bhp more plus same with torque I couldn't judge the mpg I had it fitted the 1st day I bought the car so don't no any difference I had 38mpg on a run at 78mph with 1000 miles on the clock so not to bad I would imagine low 40s when fully run in

You got one of these boxes on a mk3 Cupra Danny?

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
Yes its a proper tuning box have a look on the forum it's dtuk his site is one of the forum sponsors &I believe theve just dropped the price by £50 so well worth a look they were developed by shark performance&dtuk so as good as you will get got tuning box

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
No 1.8 tsi the cupra with supported mods tbe, tuning box, induction &dv will make roughly 370-380 bhp wish I could of had a cupra but points dictated not this time I've come from a well speced edition 30 stage 2+so is a little lacking

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
No 1.8 tsi the cupra with supported mods tbe, tuning box, induction &dv will make roughly 370-380 bhp wish I could of had a cupra but points dictated not this time I've come from a well speced edition 30 stage 2+so is a little lacking

Ah, your username made me think you did :) - I'm wondering what these are like on the Cupra, but not seen any feedback on them or graphs. Just the 1.8tsi.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Yes its a proper tuning box have a look on the forum it's dtuk his site is one of the forum sponsors &I believe theve just dropped the price by £50 so well worth a look they were developed by shark performance&dtuk so as good as you will get got tuning box

Wouldn't no the link would ya ?? :whistle:

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
Thanks buddy, much appreciated.

PS, just ordered a 1.8tsi FR and a friend of mine states he gets 36/40 mpg. Does this ring true with yourself?

On a run I got 38mpg wasn't at 60-70 think 45mpg once run in & 70 plus mine only got 1100 miles so will get better if in eco 30s achievable round town you won't be disappointed I love mine so much better than mk2

Jord

Apr 29, 2012
Ok cheers man, I've come from a 1.8 tfsi a3 with around 240bhp so about 100+ less bhp than your edition 30 lol. The leon just doesn't feel punchy can't really describe it lol. I mean it's not slow but I want more torque really, especially low down it's lacking. But saying that it's only got 800miles on now. You done anything else to yours? Ideally I would like a turbo back exhaust but I know it could sack the warranty which would mean I may aswell get a remap so hopefully I can get a decent cat back on soon, as it's far to quiet standard.

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
Hi yes thats why I got a few bits done straight away I new I wouldnt be happy with 180bhp after the golf ive got the tuning box forge dv &pipercross induction its ok just waiting for bcs exhausts to launch the cupra echaust &will be getting tbe of them with cat downpipe after having one on my golf nkthing comes close worth the wait imo

Jord

Apr 29, 2012
How's it feel now then? Do you get more torque lower down and when would you say the torque starts to tail off?

In regards to the exhaust, I've heard about BCS they did the powervalve exhaust didn't they.

Are you planning on getting a full tbe from them then? If you don't mind me asking what sort of price is that? I know the miltek is around 1400, I'm not keen on the miltek though as my Audis down pipe was blowing after a while, what's the quality like on the BCS?

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
How's it feel now then? Do you get more torque lower down and when would you say the torque starts to tail off?

In regards to the exhaust, I've heard about BCS they did the powervalve exhaust didn't they.

Are you planning on getting a full tbe from them then? If you don't mind me asking what sort of price is that? I know the miltek is around 1400, I'm not keen on the miltek though as my Audis down pipe was blowing after a while, what's the quality like on the BCS?

I'd say it still takes a little to get going really comes alive 4.5-6.5k oh miles better BCS exhaust will finish it off nicely roughly 250 bhp miltek our awful downpipes always cracking the sound &quality of bcs is unrivalled imo roughly £1100 for tbe that's with cat downpipe with forum discount think it was £800 for decat version golf sounded unreal can't wait think it will only be a few more months until you can buy think Andrew on here has lent them his car for development

Jord

Apr 29, 2012
Sounds good I'd be happy with 250bhp to be honest. Umm the BCS maybe worth waiting for then, I did want an exhaust asap, as I've got a cupra diffuser on order, but there isn't many exhausts in the market as of yet so I was thinking of just getting a custom cat back but I would prefer a tbe in all honesty.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
On a run I got 38mpg wasn't at 60-70 think 45mpg once run in & 70 plus mine only got 1100 miles so will get better if in eco 30s achievable round town you won't be disappointed I love mine so much better than mk2

Yeah pal, had one on demo for a few hours and loved it. Pick it up on Thursday then the tasteful mods will begin. :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members