Low Oil Level, For Quite A Bit. 1.8 TSi

Nov 13, 2023
Hi all!

I would like to ask you what kind of damage low oil level could have done. It was under minimum, I haven't noticed because I stopped checking after oil change because it never used oil. It is a 1.8 TSi CJSA engine with tuned 310HP and a IS20 turbocharger. All it needed to get above minimum was 2 decilitres. Did it cause big problems? Do I have to worry about something? The engine is nice and quiet with 131000 KM on the odo. No strange noises, all I hear is the clutch bearing after sport sachs clutch kit. (happened on every car I owned before after changing the clutch from ori to aftermarket.

Thank you all! :)

414433361_1541499039724020_8752230447487711943_n.jpg

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
If it’s not making any unusual noises or showing the oil pressure light you may have dodged a bullet, I do weekly/fortnightly levels checks, takes but a moment, top up washer fluid and pull up the dipstick, stops surprises.

Reactions: SkiTTbicepS
Nov 13, 2023
If it’s not making any unusual noises or showing the oil pressure light you may have dodged a bullet, I do weekly/fortnightly levels checks, takes but a moment, top up washer fluid and pull up the dipstick, stops surprises.
Hey! Thank you for the quick reply! I will be a lot more cautious from now on. No unusual noises neither oil pressure light came on. So yeah, maybe I'll be fine. 🙏

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hey! Thank you for the quick reply! I will be a lot more cautious from now on. No unusual noises neither oil pressure light came on. So yeah, maybe I'll be fine. 🙏
What ever you do, don't put too much oil back in, When I bought my pre owned car and checked the level it was over the "max" mark so I drained some out till it got to half way up the stick and has stayed there.
But too much oil can force its way through seals etc

Nov 13, 2023
What ever you do, don't put too much oil back in, When I bought my pre owned car and checked the level it was over the "max" mark so I drained some out till it got to half way up the stick and has stayed there.
But too much oil can force its way through seals etc
Hi! Thanks for the reply, well I poured in oil until it reached the center between min and max on the dipstick. Max can be harmful aswell, just like you said it.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Hi all!

I would like to ask you what kind of damage low oil level could have done. It was under minimum, I haven't noticed because I stopped checking after oil change because it never used oil. It is a 1.8 TSi CJSA engine with tuned 310HP and a IS20 turbocharger. All it needed to get above minimum was 2 decilitres. Did it cause big problems? Do I have to worry about something? The engine is nice and quiet with 131000 KM on the odo. No strange noises, all I hear is the clutch bearing after sport sachs clutch kit. (happened on every car I owned before after changing the clutch from ori to aftermarket.

Thank you all! :)

View attachment 39994
Hopefully your car will be fine. I tend to check oil when i wash the car once a week just incase.
I have the same engine car 1.8cjsa which is stage one and manual. What clutch did you get for your car have you got the part number. Last time i contacted sachs they didnt do one for our car. Also did you get flywheel same time thanks for your help.

Reactions: SkiTTbicepS

Sham

Sep 15, 2023
Hi I checked my oil after a couple of months this time used to do it regularly atleast once every two weeks. however I Got an oil pressure light come on whilst I was driving it came on for one sec flashed then went off again that was the day I decided to check it! And noticed the dipstick was dry ! So I put two litres on it now it’s just below half way marker didn’t want to over flow it! But had no warning lights or Anything to say low oil or high temp? Car was running like normal no issues thought it would have alerted me to low oil as it was like really dry when I checked it! Also I have a whining noise from front left tyre and it’s a bit off centre to left doesn’t pull but isn’t straight ! Could that be a bearing or just alignment issue as I did hit a kerb recently

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.