DTUK Tuning Box Problems Leon 184 BEWARE

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
i see the valid points on both sides here. So wont judge who is right or wrong.
Theres one thing tho id leave well alone...
but theres allways folks who want more..
Buy a bigger engined Car then ? Simples

I ran the Mk1 Leon TDi FR from new for 10yrs with no one single engine power related complaint.
it was 150hp & afaik it was enough for the car.

The Mk3 is a dif car in many ways but engine wise Yes its slightly quicker & a lot quieter.
But has no nice tickover sound like the PD had.

I don't know what it would be truly like with the DPF off but id imagine a few more horses &
maybes even some black smoke oot the back !!

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
Interesting points made here, but I was just wondering whether DTUK have ever tested their tuning box on a Seat Leon ? All I see are their references to Skoda.

Last edited:

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Seeing as the engine chassis and drivetrain are identical I'm not sure of the relevance of it being a seat or a skoda.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Seeing as the engine chassis and drivetrain are identical I'm not sure of the relevance of it being a seat or a skoda.

you'd be surprised just how many curve balls they throw in there that make them seemingly identical but they are actually quite different. I know Revo test every variant of their software on each different platforms to make sure they can achieve the same goals.

Smudgers

May 14, 2015
Hi Noel, if the guy you sold the box to isn't happy with it then I'm happy to buy it off you. Or if anyone else is selling one cheap. Won't be using it very often, few friends have started doing the odd track day so I thought I'd maybe give it a go if I could get a few extra horses cheap.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Hi Noel, if the guy you sold the box to isn't happy with it then I'm happy to buy it off you. Or if anyone else is selling one cheap. Won't be using it very often, few friends have started doing the odd track day so I thought I'd maybe give it a go if I could get a few extra horses cheap.
Tried to PM you since I have box for a 184ps that in thinking of selling since I'm swapping my car for another one soon. PM me a offer for the box.

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

Smudgers

May 14, 2015
If I'm honest mate I wouldn't have a clue how to send a pm on here. And I'm no good with offers. Roughly how much are you after and we can negotiate....

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
If I'm honest mate I wouldn't have a clue how to send a pm on here. And I'm no good with offers. Roughly how much are you after and we can negotiate....
Well Noel said he got 200 for his unit, so no less than that since he had alot of strange issues with his unit while mine just makes my car judder, but that's because of the DSG not liking the torque the engine produces with the box on high settings..

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Ok, is it the newer version or the old one? Still can't work out how to pm you.
New version.
Bought it for about 4-5months ago new from DTUK.
It works as intended except when running on the higher settings, then my car judders at low revs. But that's just a dsg provlem...

Smudgers

May 14, 2015
Hi mate, sorry about the delayed reply.
That sounds good to me, car should be here this week so I will be in touch asap.
When are you looking to sell it?

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Hi mate, sorry about the delayed reply.
That sounds good to me, car should be here this week so I will be in touch asap.
When are you looking to sell it?
No worries.
Well I have it fitted to the car right now and I'm in no real hurry to sell it.
But I could also remove it tomorrow if needed :)
Send me an email to emil (dot) wadell atgmaildotcom and we can discuss it there :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members