DTUK tuning box

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
I find my car runs better in the colder weather. Currently on setting 1 +3 with no issues at all covered over 2000 miles like this so far, before the drop in temperature was getting coil light on settings +3 and +2...so colder weather's a win win for me mate.

I've always ran mine on 3+2, few hissy fits at the start but all grand over the past 10k.
Might upgrade to the CRD3 after Christmas.

Wakoyeomans

Nov 28, 2016
I also run mine on 3 +2 and haven't had any issues at all. That's with the CRD3+ On the 150. Looking at changing to he cupra though as can't beat petrol power, so will be selling it now...

Deleted member 103593

Just removed the DTUK box from my Cupra 280 as handing it back and just going to write a very quick review as i was struggling to find reviews when i was looking to purchase it

I ran mine for around 10,000 miles at the max setting and had no engine lights or any problems

fuel economy i didn't notice any difference for better or worse but wasn't paying much attention

Power difference is massive, boost is alot harder and sooner. When overtaking you can just leave it in 6th and the loads of power but now with it removed i am finding myself dropping into 4th.

IansMusical

Sep 6, 2016
York
@dieselface: Probably a long shot but at least 6 months ago you had a 1.8 TSI DTUK box for sale. Do you still have it?

Is there anybody with a Mk3 1.8 TSI and the DTUK box that is happy to offer their honest opinions? Am I likely to get Golf GTI or Cupra like performance etc?

Thanks!

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
Yes it is the same and it would go onto a Cupra but what I noticed with the 290 black is that
The figures wouldn't reach the figures shown on the golf R s3 etc so boost was turned down to suit the car . Worth setting up on rollers as there no point putting boost of if bhp doesn't change

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Yes it is the same and it would go onto a Cupra but what I noticed with the 290 black is that
The figures wouldn't reach the figures shown on the golf R s3 etc so boost was turned down to suit the car . Worth setting up on rollers as there no point putting boost of if bhp doesn't change

DTUK Hardware is the same across all the 2.0 TFSI engines, You will find that there is a software difference in all BHP changes and also dependant on manual/dsg gearbox.:)

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
DTUK Hardware is the same across all the 2.0 TFSI engines, You will find that there is a software difference in all BHP changes and also dependant on manual/dsg gearbox.:)

Is there any downsides with buying a secondhand box, other than it being faulty?

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Not sure Dave. From a transfer pov tho if you decide to change cars in the future your gona be hit with software charges.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Yup. They can be flashed to cover most modern turbo charged petrol engines not just tfsi. There are a few exceptions to that tho as some of the newer vag and merc engines have digital sensor technology on them now called SENT protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Anyone ever had any come back running this on a lease car, or when getting a service etc?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.