Dump valve and spacer..

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
Hi guys. I have the Mk2 Faceflit 2.0T Cupra. Anyone got any part numbers and costs for a dump valve and the spacer that makes the wooosh noise? Many thanks guys.

And Merry Xmas to all.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Aye, forget about changing the OEM valve for an aftermarket DV unless you like throwing your money away on shiny bling bits :)

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
So if i've just ordered the Forge FMFSITR Atmospheric Blow Off spacer off JKM thats bad then!! oh sh*t! poverty does it not fit the new facelift cupra like mine. do you know what does so i can amend the order? thanks

Poverty

Looks like knight has answered your question mate. Your good to go.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Aye, forget about changing the OEM valve for an aftermarket DV unless you like throwing your money away on shiny bling bits :)

Why? I thought that it was needed if anyone intends to REVO 2 +, I appreciate that they only expell the air but is it raelly on worth it?

Does anyone know of a member that has either the spacer or DV fitted that lives close to Coventry as I'd like to hear teh difference?

And Merry Christmas to you all,

Jim

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Why? I thought that it was needed if anyone intends to REVO 2 +, I appreciate that they only expell the air but is it raelly on worth it?

Does anyone know of a member that has either the spacer or DV fitted that lives close to Coventry as I'd like to hear teh difference?

And Merry Christmas to you all,

Jim

I think if you ask most of the Stage 2+ lads on here, you will find they are running an OEM valve mate ;)

The original valve was supposedly prone to failure, but it was more common on the K03 cars where the valve is located at the turbo side of the engine, and the Diaphragm would split. As the Cupra has a relocated valve, it was not really an issue.

Regardless, VAG released a new revision valve which replaced the diaphragm for a spring which effectively removes any likely weakness. This costs under £40 and is very easy to change over.

In short, an aftermarket DV is not worth the money it costs over the OEM item and it will be one of the first things a stealer would see when under the bonnet.

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
I think if you ask most of the Stage 2+ lads on here, you will find they are running an OEM valve mate ;)

The original valve was supposedly prone to failure, but it was more common on the K03 cars where the valve is located at the turbo side of the engine, and the Diaphragm would split. As the Cupra has a relocated valve, it was not really an issue.

Regardless, VAG released a new revision valve which replaced the diaphragm for a spring which effectively removes any likely weakness. This costs under £40 and is very easy to change over.

In short, an aftermarket DV is not worth the money it costs over the OEM item and it will be one of the first things a stealer would see when under the bonnet.

Does that mean when it comes to the new year and me replacing my OEM DV because of the diaphragm, i should just get the new one from the stealers instead of the forge one?