Dump Valve Query

jamboross

Mar 13, 2016
I have a cupra R and i am wanting to get a dump valve for it, i am not going to lie when a say i would just like it for the noise

what are the best ones to get?

What is the difference between a normal one & a recirculating valve?

Sorry for the basic questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I have a cupra R and i am wanting to get a dump valve for it, i am not going to lie when a say i would just like it for the noise

what are the best ones to get?

What is the difference between a normal one & a recirculating valve?

Sorry for the basic questions

Genuine Forge products are the dogs.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/The_Splitter_a_Recirculation_and_Blow_Off_Valve--product--793.html

Depends how loud you want it? Silly loud or noticeable?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
These engines don't have a dump valve, only a recirc valve. The OEM one is a diaphragm, but the Forge 008 is a piston. You get a nice hiss out of it

Apr 12, 2008
You can use OEM one, or forge one, but you wont hear much noise unless you are remaped so you can dump more boost (1,4 bar instead of 0,7 for example), and unless you have short air intake (cone filter instead of standard airbox)
These engines use recirculating dump valves, so you can only hear woosh thru your cone filter..
There is also an option with Forge split r, wich dumps some air to atmosphere, but ive heard that it is not the best option for there engines.
It is also a good idea to remove n249 and connect DV directly to intake manifold, makes even louder woosh :)

jamboross

Mar 13, 2016
so a recirculating valve is the best option for me?

now i have heard of forge but someone mentioned the name bailey to me, are these any good ?

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
If you fit a full atmospheric dump valve then your going to have a world of issues with the running of the engine. They need a certain amount to be recirculated, which is why they have a full recirc from factory.

You can fit a Forge Split R valve and have it on part atmospheric dump, although there are mixed results with these too...

I have a stock DV with stock airbox, a K&N panel filter with some holes drilled into the airbox, you can hear mine dump back through the system with no ill effects.

jamboross

Mar 13, 2016
so recirculating valve, holes in the air box.... job done?

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Yes I would stick with a recirculating valve as it is best for the engine unless your going for a monster build with standalone ECU etc...

I'd stick the new valve on and see how it runs, then you could smooth out the airbox, and add some holes for added effect.

I find mine runs really well and boosts nicely.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.