DV Clips

Wazuke

MK1 Leon 1.8T
Dec 3, 2008
Derbyshire
www.anthall.co.uk
Hi Guys,
I got my Forge 007P today. Had a look under my bonnet and saw the current standard DV.
I tried to undo the clips but had no luck, they are on extremely tight.
Can anyone suggest a technique or tool that could help?

Cheers,

Anthony

Last edited:

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
they are a pain in the arse, i disroy them every time, damo you prob have the spring clips on yours,

you meen the ones you can only use once ye?? pliers, screwdriver, blood, pain and swearing, thats the tools you need.

kennygray81

im the same they are a pain in the a*se, i took mine off and replaced them with some jubilee clips, and all has been fine since!:)

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
had to take a pipe off under the mani on the missus golf and took me 4 hours to take off, you have to leaver a screwdriver under it and keep at it,

Wazuke

MK1 Leon 1.8T
Dec 3, 2008
Derbyshire
www.anthall.co.uk
Ye its a right pain in the ass. Its the clips that have no bloody way of opening them!!!
Thought i could quickly do it tonight, no joy... suppose im going to have to wait for the weekend :(

Thanks for the replies.

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
halfords sell a tool to get them off but it aint cheap think about 15 quid i used pair of pliers and screw driver and just broke them off

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
If they are the ones that my VW mate calls "lemon clips" because of the shape where they are kind of crimped - tin snips. I used tin snips when I did a DV swap on my 2001 S3 when I lost patience with the first one after about 30 mins of faffing about - it took mere moments to get the f:censored:ers off and felt quite satisfying.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
halfords sell a tool to get them off but it aint cheap think about 15 quid i used pair of pliers and screw driver and just broke them off

Had to butcher mine off, took 15 mins on 1 clip! And had to make sure I didn't damage the pipe with the screwdriver.

Next time the Die grinder will come out to play.

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Top tip:

Start with a small screwdriver to lever the crimped part up a bit then get a bigger one in there and twist the b*gger off. Replace with Jubilees :)

keany19

Nov 10, 2008
Teesside
took about 10 mins to get first one nearly off with screw drivers and plyers, then decided to cut other one of with metal cutters, took about 10 seconds, stupid things

Wazuke

MK1 Leon 1.8T
Dec 3, 2008
Derbyshire
www.anthall.co.uk
Cool.

I have two jubilee clips for the two main pipes that need to be connected to the new DV, what about the smaller tubing going into the top? does that need small jubilee clip or does it just fit ontop with the current fitting?

Cheers,

Ant

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Glad you managed it.
I fitted mine tonight after work, I do encounter them annoying use once clips quite a lot and usually the small screwdriver trick works, didn't seem to be getting anywhere tonight so I switched to plan B which was side cutters (not sure what other name could call them) to grab the crimped bit and do a bit of twisting on it to create a gap underneath the get the driver in there, my jubilee clips were quite a tight fit but am sure theyll be ok.

As for the top pipe it had its own little use once clip on top but it seemed too far up to really hold it fully so I managed to pull it off and then push it back onto the 007p as it was, it aint got to hold any pressure so can't see it causing an issue.

As for the valve, I only changed mine on accounts of knowing the plastic ones are crap, decided to get the vacuum tester on both valves and test how much vacuum it took to lift the valve off its seat, found that on the crap one I had to actually hold the ports in order to get vacuum to even hold, it just leaked straight out of the side port lol so turns out the damn thing was in need of a change after all. Money Well spent i'd say.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Reviving an old thread I know but used this yesterday after an hour trying to remove the clip form the stock DV, seriously how difficult, eventually managed it after 2 hours of total stress with a screwdriver a pliers.
Once its my new 007P took 5 miniutes to fit with new Jubiliees!

Keep at it they come off eventually;)