DV + Filter done, remap questions..?? Flat spots still...

SimmoCupra

Took advice and got me a Forge007p DV, with green air filter at the same time. trying to cure the flat spot I seem to have (up to around 2000rpm). Although this did seem to make the problem less prominant, I can still feel it, especially on a cold morning, or when crawling along in traffic.

Am thinking remap next. BUT. I am a bit skeptical..

How can someone remap the ECU with any rolling road? i.e how am I supposed to trust a calibration that can be "flashed" in my carpark. How would they set open and closed loop fueling and ignition tuning levels?
Would a calibration be tweaked depending on the tune level of the car? i.e have DV and Green filter now so the airpath and torque structure in the calibration sureley would have changed from that of a standard LC remap?

If the remap is just different wastegate settings (i.e more boost) then how would the knock and spark advance levels be set, just from flashing a CAL. (without testing it) Surely the overall Lambda will have to be richer too then to take into account the retarded ignition? Would the car still pass emmissions??

just a few questions, Can any of the remappers on here answer please?

Thanks
Si

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
As MrJohnnyB says - Stage 1 is a generic map and works on any car as it doesn't take into account any mods, Stage 2 generally requires FMIC, induction kit, turbo-back exhaust, TIP and possibly 4bar FPR (although different mappers have different requirements) but Stage 2 has to be done on rolling road, Stage 3 is a complete custom map, generally for people with BT upgrades :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members