Dynamic Grey Cupra only?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Got a red one, live in Brum but am usually in Tamworth picking m'laddo up on a Sunday , Belgrave area. Be up for a meet especially if it involves somewhere that sells tools :D women do not understand the importance of this ;)

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
The nuts and bolts in Toolstation are cheap :)
I'll be up for a meet once it arrives.
Dave

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
You driven one Dave? I ordered without a test drive. I was a gnats chuff away from buying an E Class Merc 350 on PCP second hand from that Merc dealership between Fazeley and Lichfield. They wanted about £340 a month with £4,000 down and then a balloon at the end. SO pleased I went for the new Cupra instead.

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
No test drive, did the same with golf.
Jon took me a blast last night and very impressed! Sounds a lot better than Golf, but just thought to myself it could be soundaktor which is turned off I mine.
Do they have fake sound through the screen?
Second thoughts now I'm typing and out sounded better when he arrived so can't be fake.
Dave

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
I'm not expert, but I suspect it is a bit of both (inside and outside). I think they've changed the exhaust on the 290 from the 280 and also made it lighter. Some of the YouTube stuff is worth looking at if you've not seen it. There's one with a mic and camera attached to the rear of the car. Think it's the Alor Blue with Orange Pack vid, from memory. I became obsessed during the wait for mine!

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
I'm not expert, but I suspect it is a bit of both (inside and outside). I think they've changed the exhaust on the 290 from the 280 and also made it lighter. Some of the YouTube stuff is worth looking at if you've not seen it. There's one with a mic and camera attached to the rear of the car. Think it's the Alor Blue with Orange Pack vid, from memory. I became obsessed during the wait for mine!

It sounded a lot better than mine from outside!

Dave

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
It might be the sound thingy because you cant turn it down on the Cupra, outside definitely sounded deeper and more crackly than the R though.

R gets away from an island on full boost much more civilised than the Cupra though ;)

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
It might be the sound thingy because you cant turn it down on the Cupra, outside definitely sounded deeper and more crackly than the R though.

R gets away from an island on full boost much more civilised than the Cupra though ;)

Who wants civilised in a hot hatch ;)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Who wants civilised in a hot hatch ;)

Disconnected the sound thingy in the R , it got on my tits. Not bothered in the last Cupra pr this one yet. And I can confirm the 290 has a different exhaust note to the 280, mine certainly sounds a lot better, the 280 was far too quiet imho. I think they have deleted a box on the 3 and 5 door models, I believe the ST is different though.

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016

I would go as far as saying the R traction is too good! No drama, just goes like the stink [B)]

Dave

Last edited:

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
Yeah, the R just feels far too easy sometimes. It also sounds fairly rubbish outside and fairly annoying inside in Race mode with the soundaktor at 100%. I'd describe it as blaring noise.

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
Yeah, the R just feels far too easy sometimes. It also sounds fairly rubbish outside and fairly annoying inside in Race mode with the soundaktor at 100%. I'd describe it as blaring noise.

Mine was set to 0% shortly after collection :)
Dave

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Disconnected the sound thingy in the R , it got on my tits. Not bothered in the last Cupra pr this one yet. And I can confirm the 290 has a different exhaust note to the 280, mine certainly sounds a lot better, the 280 was far too quiet imho. I think they have deleted a box on the 3 and 5 door models, I believe the ST is different though.

The ST is different in that it only ever had two boxes. The ST290 is an upgraded version over the 280, but the ST280 was introduced later than the hatch and always had a two box setup.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
I thought the ST290 was the same as the ST280. People on here are always complaining that their ST290 is quiet compared to the hatch 290.

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I thought the ST290 was the same as the ST280. People on here are always complaining that their ST290 is quiet compared to the hatch 290.

Yeah it is the same on the ST variants. The ECU tuning is different. I don't think it's the same as the hatch, that's not what I meant. I just meant to highlight that the ST280 always had a two box system. It already was different to the hatch in that respect. The new system on the 290 hatch is an evolution of the ST280's original.

Read post #26 here...
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=427884&page=2

Last edited:

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
The colour comes out nice against the Lapiz Dave
aaa08e4f8516216562cdd8a3ac8eca7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
The colour comes out nice against the Lapiz Dave
aaa08e4f8516216562cdd8a3ac8eca7d.jpg

That does look great! Cant wait to get rid of that 4WD quiet thing now :rofl:

My pictures are pap, but hopefully it wont happen again as new phone arrived today. Folks - dont get a Windows phone, they are absolute pap!

Dave

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
I need to sort a new phone for this car arriving. Something with android 5 so I can do the full link/mirror thingy.

I know what you mean about getting out of the Golf Dave. I actually really like my R but there's just something about getting a new car. It's very hard to be patient when all these other leased cars are starting to get delivered.

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
I'm happy with that!

I see you are Tamuth, I work Lichfield and live near Walsall.

What colour is your car?

Dave

I live Jnc 2 M5 if its any closer to take a look ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise