Dynamic indicators, rear light animation

Sep 19, 2023
We picked up a 23 plate Leon FR Sport back at Easter and I’ve noticed the rear lights don’t do the animation sequence and the indicators aren’t the dynamic type we expected. I’ve seen a few threads suggesting they weren’t part of the package in 2022, does anyone know if that is still the case?

it’s not the end of the world, but wanted to check before I start hassling the dealer!

chembers

Mar 21, 2023
My FR Sport doesn't do it either. Dec 22 car. I expected it to as the FR we test drove did and despite checking all the Infotainment system settings, which I presumed where the enable/disable switch would be hiding, I found nothing. I asked on here and people said some cars don't have them due to chip shortages.

It's not the end of the world but I still would like to have known this from the dealer. I never got to check the car prior to purchase because it was up on a display ramp and supposedly never been used so I bought it on the presumption it was effectively brand new and that I didn't need to test drive it etc.

Sep 19, 2023
Yeah, it’s a bit of a drag. To be honest, I can’t complain too much…we ordered the FR and due to a mix up at the dealership, we ended up with the FR Sport - at no extra cost. So I’d like to have the dynamic indicators I thought we’d be getting, but given the background, hard to be too grumpy about it I guess.

Ah well. Other than that, been very happy with it. Especially as we jumped from a MK1 Leon we bought from new!

Reactions: chembers

Seatboi

Apr 13, 2023
We picked up a 23 plate Leon FR Sport back at Easter and I’ve noticed the rear lights don’t do the animation sequence and the indicators aren’t the dynamic type we expected. I’ve seen a few threads suggesting they weren’t part of the package in 2022, does anyone know if that is still the case?

it’s not the end of the world, but wanted to check before I start hassling the dealer!
How strange ! I got an FR Sport about a month ago and it has the dynamic indicators. Definitely something I'd raise to be honest as it's always been a thing.

Last edited:

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
There was a period during covid when they couldn't get certain chips and I'm pretty sure one of the affected features was the dynamic indicators.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There was a period during covid when they couldn't get certain chips and I'm pretty sure one of the affected features was the dynamic indicators.
Yes, it wasn’t unknown for some car manufacturers to either delete or downgrade certain items of equipment during the pandemic and at the height of the semiconductor supply shortage (Ford and BMW are two names that spring to mind). Car manufacturers were faced with the issue of either a) stockpiling part built cars while waiting for the necessary ‘missing’ parts or b) continue with vehicle production with spec deletions or downgrades. The semiconductor issue affected not just the car manufacturers, but also many of the parts / components manufacturers in the supply chain.

Although it’s no doubt annoying or disappointing to find items of spec either missing or a downgrade on what was expected, in the majority of cases the spec deletions / downgrades would’ve been minor; the alternative would have been even longer wait times for customers if manufacturers had waited for supply levels to return to normal.

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
i picked up xcellence lux 31 May after 16 months waiting and it did have rear dynamic indicators and animation sequence. I was aware from here about potentially not getting them, although dealer had never mentioned anything to me.