E-Hyrbid Force Engine to Run?

chrislocalboy

Oct 25, 2022
Car has just been in for its first service (not the dealership), mechanic commented that he'd of liked to of run the engine for a little bit after changing the oil etc but was unable to get the petrol engine to run while the car is sitting 'idling'.

He said there's usually a button or menu setting somewhere to force this on other makes so that mechanics diagnosing or service etc can forcible make the petrol engine kick in, anyway he couldn't and it got me wondering if there a way of doing this? as a couple of times this winter my battery has been down to the last couple of % and I was unable to start the aircon from the app to defrost/warm the car up due to this and ideally would of liked to of gotten in and used the engine to do this.

Does anyone know if this is possible? if so how to do it?

Cheers

Solo

May 30, 2015
Not sure, but I've noticed that if you go into battery menu and select hybrid and move the slider right down to the bottom, engine will start up if the battery is less than full.

Reactions: Richiepoos

chrislocalboy

Oct 25, 2022
For anyone that's interested I've figured it out!

Start the car, put it into sports or Cupra mode and put the accelerator all the way down... MAKING SURE YOU ARE IN PARK OR 'N' and the engine will kick in.

Cheers

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Just have the car in P or N and floor the gas pedal (after flooring it, if you press harder, it will go a little further, you'll feel the "click") and it will start the ICE. No need to set the car in a specific mode.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise