E05 turbo

farmer boy

hi guys

new to the site, so you'll have to bare with me alittle.

Does any one have any experiance of the E05 turbo?

thanks matthew

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
farmer boy said:
hi guys

new to the site, so you'll have to bare with me alittle.

Does any one have any experiance of the E05 turbo?

thanks matthew

Yes i had one it lasted less than 12 months, a complete waste of money. It does the same job as a ko3s but is less reliable.

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
There's been mixed reports of success with it...with some people able to get better figures out of it than others.

Certainly the ones that Revo Kev, and Wilko had made pretty good power (~250bhp) with lots of torque (almost 300lbft), with nice graphs...and went nicely too.

They aren't cheap though, and as the K03Sport provides almost as much power (in the region of 240bhp/250lbft ), and can be picked up very easily for not that much, have not been that popular an option.

farmer boy

do you the know the spec of the cars and who mapped them?

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
cpufreak said:
There's been mixed reports of success with it...with some people able to get better figures out of it than others.

Certainly the ones that Revo Kev, and Wilko had made pretty good power (~250bhp) with lots of torque (almost 300lbft), with nice graphs...and went nicely too.

They aren't cheap though, and as the K03Sport provides almost as much power (in the region of 240bhp/250lbft ), and can be picked up very easily for not that much, have not been that popular an option.

On stealths rollers maybe but a ko3s did 250-260bhp there as well.

Wilko

Badge snob
Madmile said:
On stealths rollers maybe but a ko3s did 250-260bhp there as well.

Not that day though gary, and mine was slap bang in the middle of all te remapped cupra R's that day. The turbo was also more reliable than any IHI that I've owned. Did 20K on mine with zero problems.

My 1/4 dropped from 14.2 to 13.8 from ko3s to e05, and IHI took it to 13.6.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Wilko said:
Not that day though gary, and mine was slap bang in the middle of all te remapped cupra R's that day. The turbo was also more reliable than any IHI that I've owned. Did 20K on mine with zero problems.

and strangely my ~IHI's run fine.. apart from the odd melting moment LOL :rolleyes:
EGT gauge now... and beady little eye's fixed on it along with wideband a/f

well handy at combe testing it on saturday... max reading from pressing a button so I can keep an eye on things

Last edited:

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
Wilko said:

I've done 2 IHI's in one the engine went thru it,the 2nd was oil starvation.
My current one made 348whp at awesome on saturday.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
dan-ish said:
I've done 2 IHI's in one the engine went thru it,the 2nd was oil starvation.
My current one made 348whp at awesome on saturday.

cool.. 348whp aint to be sniffed at. happy?

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Mine's still fine.. although the engine isn't at the moment. However it's a very expensive option. If you want a bolt on I'd consider the eliminator GT28 from ATP. Or go K03s and save some cash. Running on much 'more' than that I'd personnally want to have a 'built' engine.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
dan-ish said:
You could say so Jim was very impressed can't wait to see yours on now

best get mine road worthy then... :blink:

AP's expired on saturday.... they now say wont get replacements this side of Xmas which sux.
Intake manifold will be on V2 also before next run... some anomilies exposed but all fixable.
Top end on mine does get quite lively...

got to sort brakes and biasing and get serious about weight loss on car (and me) now.

for my boggo worn out 215 f1 road tyres I was quite happy with the times.

looking forward to the 29th... but do need to recheck mapping in betrween time as despite running RS4 MAF housing I am exceeding maximum sensor signal.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Ruddmeister said:
And the times were..........................?

1min18's for you on Trackday tyres before IIRC

1m17s on R888's track day tyres. and 1m19s on my knackered old road going F1's.

cars still heavy, suspension still road.. CD changer still there LOL, leccy windows blah blah..

was a good test

1 sec slower than Tims full prep'd ibiza who was going for it. I'm quite happy with the times... was feeling my way with non abs and biasing which is'nt right.

going to be fun in 2006.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members