Ebay....

JTD-ED

:confused:i was looking on eBay yesterday and saw this (TDI PD Diesel Tuning Chip) for a 1.9 TDI seat ibiza?
Is it just bs?
or will it do as it says??
This is the description...
Biggest increase in BHP & TORQUE for your money!!
Upto a 35bhp proven increase and 70nm torque
Improved fuel economy (up to an extra 17mpg proven)
Protective functions of the engine remain
Easy to fit within 10 minutes (fitting instuctions supplied with colour photos)
Uses genuine VW/Audi main dealer vehicle plugs (VAG):
Faster 0-60, 1/4 mile times, smoother drive
Just plug in and drive!
:confused:

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
sounds too good to be true to me though.
How much is it?
I bet its only about a tenner!
If it was me I'd Steer Clear and save up for a propper remap and a rolling road session.

Dion.

JTD-ED

aha...

its £25 quid plus postage i just thought, OMG so i have brought it just for the interest to see how things go but like you said to goo to be true, i am planing on getting my chipped and remapped next month anyway! :)

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
Ok, good lad, if its good, can we have ome feedback?
But watch out that it doesn't react with the ECU in any way.

(Any photos of your car? As i have one in the same colour and i want inspiration for modding it!)

Regards,

Dion!

JTD-ED

Working on it...

i am working on those pics cannot do that untill 15 post or somthing :shrug:
Damn...

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
I bet it is a 10p resistor in a plastic connector box that you connect to the fuel temp sensor that fools the ECU into cold fuel and therefore adds more fuel giving more power. I wouldn't bother, it will produce lots of black smoke and error codes.

I would either get a proper Digital Tuning Box eg Dragon, or a Remap from a reputable company.

Apr 27, 2008
stay well away from them boxes mate there nothing but crap. if the boxes do what they say it does then everyone would have one

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
yeah as people have said they're absoute crap.

£25 is about £24 too expensive:D

my dad bought one for his Bora a few years back, for a tenner. had it in a week, apparently made a little difference to torque, but caused error codes and lots of black smoke. fooled the computer into thinking it was doing 70mpg but on manual calculation it had made economy worse.

JTD-ED

Thank you!

Thanks everyone for the feedback i am pretty dam scared of the *blackbox* i have fitted it stupidly had ago in it for half hour read what everyone posted on here thought to myself TW*T took it out and tooma hammer to it...
And yes it makes little different waste of time thought i would *give it ago*
fun times,
Re-map next :)
Thanks
Ed:lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.