EBC Turbo Groove Discs

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I have what I believe to be EBC Turbo Groove discs on the car at the moment:

n787508824_2175492_6384304.jpg

Image from dealer

I've just bought some DS2500s to get fitted this week or next but a mate who is a bit of a brake expert (and will be refurbing the Brembos for me soon) has said "DS2500s good, EBC discs bad".

I know that Jonnyjonjon has them and likes them, but does anyone else have any opinions on them? They certainly look good, but should I replace them before they need replacing? Apart from a lot of noise under braking I have no problems with them personally

Deleted member 20376

i have these, with the yellow stuff pads, they are loud when driving about, you can hear the flutter of air rushing through them sounds ok though. i notice at cold they aint the best but still pretty good. but when they warm up there spot on. this maybe because of the pads.
the ds2500 are very well known and used by alot of drivers. ive heard in the past that some of the ebc discs warp easily. but they have supposed to have fixed this on this version.

my road has been chipped earlier this year the only prob i get is stones flick up n sometimes get stuck n mark the discs but only slightly.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yeah, this is what I'm being warned against; warping and cracking discs. I've no problems myself, in fact I'm quite happy with them so far, but then I don't know any better.

Deleted member 20376

yeah, i think its because people were putting them on there saxo's and so on and just thrashin the f**k out of them n braking hard when cold and not wearing them in properly.
the old version had this problem. they have supposed to inproved it on the turbo grooved one. i have no problems with them had them on since feb time. got them on front and back to match.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Nice one, thanks. As I say, I've no complaints, and they were on the car when I bought it in March, so I'll leave them on until they need replacing. Cheers

Deleted member 20376

yeah cus you will find some of them aint cheap lol.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yeah. The thing was that I've just bought these new pads, and I didn't want to fit them, only to need to replace the discs in a couple of months because these ones are crap, and then need new pads again

J0N

Defected!
I have what I believe to be EBC Turbo Groove discs on the car at the moment:

n787508824_2175492_6384304.jpg

Image from dealer

I've just bought some DS2500s to get fitted this week or next but a mate who is a bit of a brake expert (and will be refurbing the Brembos for me soon) has said "DS2500s good, EBC discs bad".

I know that Jonnyjonjon has them and likes them, but does anyone else have any opinions on them? They certainly look good, but should I replace them before they need replacing? Apart from a lot of noise under braking I have no problems with them personally

Looking at your pic these are definately EBC T/G disks. As you know I use these disks and have had no warping or cracking issues whotsoever in over 18 months of using them with DS2500 pads. As a biker you'll also know that EBC have been making brake disks for bikes for years and years. I've heard bad things about EBC Red Stuff pads warping disks but same as everything else some people love them. As for the cracking issue this only usually happens on drilled disks and as these are only dimpled it should'nt be a problem. I find the pads are very effective even when cold and obviously they improve when they're up to temperature. You wont be dissapointed with this setup, Antnee.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Cheers Jon. Hopefully will have the pads fitted soon so I'll know for sure. Had a laugh at the bedding-in instructions... will have to find a pit-lane to pull in to in order to inspect them :D

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Bradford I believe, though Ferodo Racing products are made in Italy. A (very geeky) mate reckons that they're made "in the shires"... if you don't get it I'm not explaining it!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yeah. The thing was that I've just bought these new pads, and I didn't want to fit them, only to need to replace the discs in a couple of months because these ones are crap, and then need new pads again

they will be fine
just bed them in properly and anjoy
turbo grooved not my preferred ones, as i think ultimax ones run quieter myself

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise