Eco mode

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Isn't the eco icon in the dash to show 2-cylinder mode is activated? That's the case in my 1.5 TSI.

The gear shift suggestions come up in all drive modes, but I've noticed they're earlier and more aggressive in eco mode.
The eco symbol on my Leon comes on when the car is eco-coasting. I.e engine uncoupled from the transmission.

Not all engines in the range are equipped with ACT, so for those without it'll not indicate that.

I had a MY16 Leon with a manual gearbox previously. The gear shift suggestions could be toggled on or off through the settings in the infotainment system. The eco mode was a disappointment.
3834c0a8d4a0f31da3483b4f4e73c999.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: williamxb

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
Just reviving an old thread here rather than starting a new one...

I've got a new FR Black Edition with the 1.5 150 DSG gearbox. I know from reading the manual and also on this forum, that the car coasts when lifting off the accelerator and on a slight decline on the road, and this occurs when the car is in eco mode.

However, mine is doing it even though I'm in normal mode? Is this meant to happen? I don't mind it, although it is taking some getting used to as I find I'm picking up speed quite easily especially on 30mph roads and going down a decline. I know it is instantly deactivated by tapping the accelerator/brake, but I just wasn't expecting it to do it, with me not being in eco.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Just reviving an old thread here rather than starting a new one...

I've got a new FR Black Edition with the 1.5 150 DSG gearbox. I know from reading the manual and also on this forum, that the car coasts when lifting off the accelerator and on a slight decline on the road, and this occurs when the car is in eco mode.

However, mine is doing it even though I'm in normal mode? Is this meant to happen? I don't mind it, although it is taking some getting used to as I find I'm picking up speed quite easily especially on 30mph roads and going down a decline. I know it is instantly deactivated by tapping the accelerator/brake, but I just wasn't expecting it to do it, with me not being in eco.
Is what you’re experiencing when in ‘normal‘ mode the engine switching to run on two cylinders (I.e. cylinder deactivation mode)?

When my VW was serviced earlier this year, I was given a VW T-Roc with the 1.5 EVO 150 ps engine as a courtesy car for the day. That engine had cylinder deactivation technology and when driving under very light or no throttle application, the car switched to two cylinder mode. From memory when this happened the MFD showed ‘2 cylinder mode’ and an ‘Eco’ symbol - as seen from 25sec in the YouTube video at the link below.

I assumed that whichever engine mode you’re in, if the conditions are being met for cylinder deactivation to kick in, it will do so and the above would be displayed on the MFD.

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
No I don't think it is. I had the cylinder deactivation on my last car which was a manual and this is most definitely different. The revs drop to idle, and it's clear the car is coasting as it quickly picks up speed and I can tell the engine is disengaged.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise