Ecomotive discs and pads - info please

TaDa

Jun 25, 2010
Barnstaple or thereabouts
Hi

Can someone tell me what the part numbers and recommended manufacturers are for the front disc+pads on an '08 Ecomotive Ibiza?

(also the part numbers for the behind-the-brakes dust shields - since one fell off yesterday!)

If there's a recommended (reasonably priced) supplier that'd be handy too

Thanks!

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
I don't know what make is recommended, but i'd fit Brembo brake parts. Euro Car Parts often have special offers on Brembo pads and discs. Check ebay for parts too. I've seen Euro shops selling parts on there that are cheaper than my local Euro with discount applied.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
For the brake water/stone shields, a friend once bought some for a similar aged VW Polo, and he used one of these online car parts places, maybe even one of auto doc's trading names, and they were very cheap.

Discs and pads, I've just always used ECP and bought Pagid discs and either Pagid or Textar pads - Pagid and Textar are both from the same group and both were used at the factory - maybe the group is TMD Friction. What out when dealing with ECP as with pads they tend to only stock a "short" range that covers most of the cars on the road, this can lead you to end up with no anti-squeal pads on the pads where the correct ones did have them. I had a bad habit of checking the brake manufacturer's web cats so that I knew what the stock code for the correct kits were before collecting from ECP, then having a discussion at the outlet so that I ended up with exactly the correct parts, when that failed, I "shopped" them to TMD Friction's UK sales team, as ECP at least, used to claim that they were the only official importer of these parts to UK - so as that meant that I had no other way to get the correct aftermarket pads, I had to report them, that twice ended up with me being supplied the correct parts FOC - though I had already paid for the incorrect parts from ECP, so swings and roundabouts I suppose - oh and again ECP, the ATE pads I bought for my 2000 B5 VW Passat 4Motion, were listed on the ATE website as being "Japan specific" for that car, curious or what, again I found another way out of that situation, maybe via GSF!

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
For the brake water/stone shields, a friend once bought some for a similar aged VW Polo, and he used one of these online car parts places, maybe even one of auto doc's trading names, and they were very cheap.

Discs and pads, I've just always used ECP and bought Pagid discs and either Pagid or Textar pads - Pagid and Textar are both from the same group and both were used at the factory - maybe the group is TMD Friction. What out when dealing with ECP as with pads they tend to only stock a "short" range that covers most of the cars on the road, this can lead you to end up with no anti-squeal pads on the pads where the correct ones did have them. I had a bad habit of checking the brake manufacturer's web cats so that I knew what the stock code for the correct kits were before collecting from ECP, then having a discussion at the outlet so that I ended up with exactly the correct parts, when that failed, I "shopped" them to TMD Friction's UK sales team, as ECP at least, used to claim that they were the only official importer of these parts to UK - so as that meant that I had no other way to get the correct aftermarket pads, I had to report them, that twice ended up with me being supplied the correct parts FOC - though I had already paid for the incorrect parts from ECP, so swings and roundabouts I suppose - oh and again ECP, the ATE pads I bought for my 2000 B5 VW Passat 4Motion, were listed on the ATE website as being "Japan specific" for that car, curious or what, again I found another way out of that situation, maybe via GSF!
My cousin has his own garage which he runs with his son. They use three or four regular parts suppliers, ECP being one of them. NONE OF THEM supply the correct parts all of the time. Many is the time i've popped around to see a car sat on a ramp not being worked on due to them waiting for a delivery of the (hopefully) correct parts to replace the original parts that were delivered.
Considering the number of suppliers that stock Brembo parts i'm not sure how ECP could, with a straight face, claim being sole importer of Brembo parts...

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
For what it's worth, until 15th November using the promotion code EARLY21 will get you 45% discount on parts and 50% off Brembo brake pads and discs at Euro Car Parts

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.