• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

Acidk1

Active Member
Sep 15, 2016
24
0
Shropshire, UK
Hi,

I have bought a cupra with a massive book of history. In this it states that it has had a 220bhp remap at a garage, all the numbers match up to my car but I'm wondering if someone has swapped the ECU out and sold that separate, is this possible? I have not driven a standard 180, and this does feel quick, and looking for a clue without going the way of a rolling road just yet.

Cheers :)
 
Hi welcome to the forum..... The easy way to tell is by how much boost it's running. Stock will be about 10psi.
 
It boosts to .7 Barr but drops to .5 almost straight away. If you ease off accelerator it seems to jolt. I have checked for leaks but nothing. Has a forge diverter.
 
Could it be linked to the slight judder I can feel while cruising and not boosting? What are the 2 'valves' either side of the dipstick on the underside of the bracket? These have both had the pipework taken off them.