ECU Updates

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
:fool:

in laymans terms it is like receiving your copy of windows xp, then microsoft realising its totally crap, and sending updates down tinternet to you.

you wont be receiving a complete map, just a tweak here and there. and lets face it, its in seats intrest to have people talking on forums about how much better their car is running and how much more efficient it is.

seat_lion

Oct 26, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
lsw by the sounds of things the software update aka recall 2541 only seems to be getting done to 06 - 56 leons which means this will not effect your 07 cupra, if there was such an update needed for the cupra you would no doubt receive a letter of recall asking you to go in for the required update so I would not worry yourself about it, id imagine whatever tweaks in the maps they have done will all be incorporated in the late 56 - 07 cars already

lsw

Apr 3, 2007
bedfordshire
hi seat lion

many thanks fa ya reply ,my only concerns are that i dont have the best relationship with the dealer,im thinking there attitude is sod him sotra thing ???,had lots a small horrid problems and threw it right back at em ,so not so popular down at dealership .....lol

but thanks all the same fa reply

seat_lion

Oct 26, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
yeah i can understand your predicament but with being on this site im sure there will be plenty of notice about recalls if any turn up in the future for the cupra but atm you have nothing to worry about

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The Golf GTi has had god knows how many updates, main one being increasing the fuel pressure from 120bar to 130bar with a new fuel pressure regulator and a remap to suit. This sorts out the missfiring issue at 3500 rpm. The 1.6 FSi has had updates for Nox sensor issues (broadens the parameters stops the light coming on and improves MPG) and the 2.0 FSi has also had an update.

Our Guided Fault Finding system now has a front page that checks for updates before any diagnostics is carried out, it checks for recent bulletins that may well be valid for any faults stored. You should in theory do this check on service so if you have a remap it will get overwritten.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Is there a website or some way of finding out if your car should have/or be part of a software update?

Fish

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members