eHybrid Owners - Cupra Connect - e-Manager

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
According to "Cupra Connect" my current license ends on 30th June and I'm being quoted £119 to renew for 1 year.

I'm looking at the "Package includes the following services:" list and most of them are of little to no interest to me at all as I use Android Auto.

However, I noticed that "e-Manger" is in the list. I currently use e-Manager to set the car to charge between certain hours overnight (I'm on the Octopus Go tariff). Does this mean that if I don't renew Cupra Connect then I lose access to e-Manager and therefore lose the ability to charge the car at a set time?

EDIT - At the bottom of the Cupra Connect store (shop.mycupra.com) there is a "Help needed?" icon and a phone number. Calling that puts me through to the AA!! Doesn't instil faith in the product.

Last edited:

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Yep, pretty sure we'll lose the 'e-Manager' which is very useful for me too owning a hybrid. Mine runs out on the 26th June and, after saying I wasn't going to pay the rip-off price I'm considering going for the 2 year option at £199 ouch!
One thing I've noticed in the app today is the 'Preferred Service Partner' bit says the one I've selected is no longer available, so please select a new one. When I go into the search there's not one available on the map which covers the whole of Europe! Anyone else seen this? The app has its problems for sure but it does have its uses.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Yep, pretty sure we'll lose the 'e-Manager' which is very useful for me too owning a hybrid. Mine runs out on the 26th June and, after saying I wasn't going to pay the rip-off price I'm considering going for the 2 year option at £199 ouch!
One thing I've noticed in the app today is the 'Preferred Service Partner' bit says the one I've selected is no longer available, so please select a new one. When I go into the search there's not one available on the map which covers the whole of Europe! Anyone else seen this? The app has its problems for sure but it does have its uses.
Yes, same thing has happened to me. I zoomed out to the max and apparently none in the entire area of Europe and Asia?

Reactions: oldgitdave

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Is the Preferred Service Partner part of the app still not functioning for people?

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021

Did you renew? I haven't yet but e-manager in the car still seems to be working and charging my car in the time period I set up originally.

I hope it stays that way.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I haven't renewed yet, still thinking about it. The e-manager in my car also works but I find it a bit of a faff compared to using the app.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Took the plunge and renewed taking the 2 year option. All working perfectly now. I haven't taken out a data plan as I couldn't see any advantage whatsoever. So I've set my mobile up as a wifi hotspot and use an app that switches it on and off automatically on entering / leaving the car. It takes about 20 - 30 seconds to connect android auto but works great!

John Wick

May 12, 2022
If you have an Android phone, I recommend using Bixby routines to activate the WiFi Hotspot for the car, it activates when the phone connects to the car Bluetooth.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Ah, I hadn't thought of using Bixby, I downloaded an app which works just fine. I'll look into it though as perhaps it'll work quicker with Bixby. Having never used Bixby Routines do you have any pointers on setting it up?

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Neither had I, I had disabled it. It's really easy, in fact I recall I came across a YouTube video, I will see if I can find it.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Screenshot_20220729-083033_Bixby Routines.jpg

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Here is a screenshot of my routine, the final option is that it basically turns off the hotspot when it disconnects from the Bluetooth

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
Took the plunge and renewed taking the 2 year option. All working perfectly now. I haven't taken out a data plan as I couldn't see any advantage whatsoever. So I've set my mobile up as a wifi hotspot and use an app that switches it on and off automatically on entering / leaving the car. It takes about 20 - 30 seconds to connect android auto but works great!

Thanks for the update. I still haven't renewed and I don't see the point, in my circumstances, so I'm not going to bother.

I use Android Auto for most things, which works just as it always has done, and "eManager" still works and charges the car in the middle of the night as previously set up.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Here is a screenshot of my routine, the final option is that it basically turns off the hotspot when it disconnects from the Bluetooth
Now using Bixby Routines to do the switching, much better than the app (y) .

Apologies for hijacking your thread .Griff. :giggle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members