Eibach sportlines have arrived!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Got a phone call from home to say my eibach sportlines have arrived, unfortunatly i won't be back home until friday, with staying at my rented weekly haunt! But am getting these bad boys fitted on Saturday morning! Can't wait, as my bro's lowered fez st makes my motor look like a tractor just now! Just wondering guys, what i can be expecting driving with the sportlines? Is it gonna be a case of falling in my door!(which im kinda hoping for), will my handling improve? Any signs of rubbing under heavy load?
All comments appreciated cheers guys!

Poverty

Think some people said if you have a few fatties in the back you can get rubbing over bumps. Its just a really nice stance tbh, what the cars should have been like from the factory!

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
I am looking to get some for mine, let me know how you get on and add some picture please?

Jamie

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
lol im seriously contemplating it!!!!! Only prob is i cant justify over £1000 for it jst now, i think my next mod will be the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit.

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
I believe I will be doing a similar thing! My car seems to handle really badly at the moment.

Do you struggle to put down the power from the DPF delete then? Have you actually managed to get on a dry road yet up north?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh i've managed to get a dry road a few times and 3rd onwards you can put your power down fine unless you are going hard off a rounda about etc, in damp conditions you can genuinly spin in any gear up to 4th, very difficult and dangerous car in the wet i'm finding! Hard to drive slowly as well, anyone with the dpf delete will know at 2500 rpm the exhaust note comes in and you can feel the pwer wanting to pull you hard! You'll find even on light throttle you'll be able to spin up in 2nd, and even on a dry dry day 2nd for me is almost unmanageable, hoping to get some blistering heat down on the roads and hopefully it'll improve

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Yeh i've managed to get a dry road a few times and 3rd onwards you can put your power down fine unless you are going hard off a rounda about etc, in damp conditions you can genuinly spin in any gear up to 4th, very difficult and dangerous car in the wet i'm finding! Hard to drive slowly as well, anyone with the dpf delete will know at 2500 rpm the exhaust note comes in and you can feel the pwer wanting to pull you hard! You'll find even on light throttle you'll be able to spin up in 2nd, and even on a dry dry day 2nd for me is almost unmanageable, hoping to get some blistering heat down on the roads and hopefully it'll improve

Holy Fook, what have I left myself in for :-o

How vicious is the Traction Control? Does it just kill the throttle completely or is it progressive?

Also, hows your MPG? What do you usually get from a tank?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
The traction control is pretty useless lol, not to great, emmm if you boot it in 1st you will think your wheels are coming off the car lol! But to be honest i never really boot the car low down. I had a revised remap, aggresive lol, my mpg isnt to great, anywhere between late 30's to early 40's on a long run, after a spirited drive this morning with an r32 i saw 20 mpg lol that's the lowest i've had. When you boot it the fuel is gulped! And you can see it!

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Wow, thats pretty low! I am hoping for higher than that. So I will have to be careful with the old right foot then. Did you ask James to map it aggressively or is that just how your map came out?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
It was Jerry Gracie up here in Scotland that mapped it aggresively, he's very "harsh" when test driving the car after the parameters have been given! This opens up the parameters to there full potential. It's good fun mate, don't get me wrong lol. When Jerry test drove it he couldn't believe how much power there was! But he told me to be careful with the car or i could get myself in trouble lol! Whether or not he meant me being young lol(21) or with it still being snow slush b4 xmas when i got it I can nurse and i mean nurse a mid 40's out of her, but it is very difficult! You have to drive about 55-60 for distance! I think the "aggresive" = damaged sensors tho lol which then = £300 out my pocket!

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Thats worst than what I am getting now! TBH I am after the improved economy as much as a bit more poke. NickP posted a picture of him doing 70 with the MPG up to 59.9 but he did have his done at AMD. He also regularly gets 600 out of a tank. Ive managed that once.

What sort of driving/mileage do you do buddy?

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
he's very "harsh" when test driving the car after the parameters have been given! This opens up the parameters to there full potential.

Think he is having you on there mate, the parameters adapt all the time, think it was just an excuse to rag your car lol

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Used to do 80 mile commutes to work everyday mate lol for a month in my leon and for 18 months in my now dead ibiza fr, which equated in the fr to 30k miles. Now i've cut my mileage right down, on a monday i do 40 miles from my home to work then i stay at a rented pad throughout the week, generally apart frm a tuesday and back home on a friday, it equates to 180-200 miles throught the week then i do 50-80 miles through the weekend. My weekly commutes from rented accomodation are 6 miles each way. I can get bout 40 both ways taking it easy as i generally dd. If i'm honest for a diesel the leon isn't the most fuel economic car! My remapped ibiza fr derv used to get spirited driving a lot and still returned mid 50's to early 60's at times! To break it down mate, i have had stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 2 is defo worse on fuel than my stage 1! That is with on average the same driving style. Hope this helps! The upside i have found is you can trounce an amazing amount of potent well known cars! And the look on faces with a puff of black smoke on there bonnet while you pull like a train is priceless!!! Now i've said this something will come along and absolutly destroy me lol!!!:lol: You just need to weigh up the pros and cons, i am saving just now for an uprated clutch, as i am getting prepared! LSD is another good option i am fancying! But it is all substantial cash, and at the min funs are tight after paying close to £2000 up front for insurance! Hopefulyl fun times to come tho:)

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Well I guess I'll find out. I've put down the deposit now.... I do a lot of long journeys, along with a 7 mile commute to work. I really work on how many miles I get out of a tank, 460ish is normal for me.

Is your clutch going? I think mine is about done anyway :cry:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Nah it's still fine mate, i just drive the way i have been told to preserve the clutch, but i wanna get an uprated clutch anyway for phase 3, along with whatever else is needed lol!

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
The biting point has moved right up to the top of the clutch, and I just get the feeling.

I had a freelander in which the clutch went, and this was the stage before it started to slip under load.

What were the instructions given to you to preserve the clutch. Don't boot it below 2500rpm?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh basically mate lol, max load is on high gears 4th,5th and 6th, 1st and 2nd you can get away with to an extent and even 3rd, but i never boot the car 3rd onwards under 2500, the pwer curve is pretty smooth on my car but it's doesnt drop below 400 ft lbns of torque to just under 3900 rpm lol!! That's why i'm trying to save just now!!! Need to keep it hidden frm my gf tho lol, she is not happy the money i am spending on the car!:p

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Haha, yeh mine says I'm mad. I just mention all the **** she buys from topshop over one year! Soon adds up!

Christ, your motor certainly kicks out some beans! I've just gotta make up my mind whether or not to have the non resonated cat back as well. Problem is, I have got to get a new bumper if I do, which isn't cheap, and then get it painted. Its like £1400 in total :wtf: :cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.