Eibach's and HR's - Which gives a softer Ride?

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Hi All

Getting my FR at the weekend and have read a few threads regarding the stiffness of the factory fitted suspension.

I have had some back problems in recent years (38 years old this month!!!!) and would consider replacing the springs, but have the following questions?

1) Would lowering impact on my 18" beauties?

2) Which springs make the ride softer/less harsh?

3) Is 40mm too much when I have the whole family in the car?

4) Would spacers? be required and why?

As I am not mechanically minded, any brief comments, suggestions, recommendations or experiences would be welcome.

Cheers
Mike

57 FR170, 18", Armrest, BT, Chrome, Muddies and Mats

ents

Jan 12, 2007
Tallinn - Estonia
Eibach is far the better choice...car is still softer, and the drive is excelent...I had Eibach spring, now have eibach coilovers...

Go for Eibach!

ummm... FAR better choice :confused:? Do you have somekind of comparison to say that so confidently? I've read more opinions (here and elsewhere) that are exactly opposite - HR gives the smoothest ride of the 2.
The truth is probably that you cant go wrong with either. And best is combine these springs with Koni FSD-s. Thats what i,ve done today - guess what springs i chosed :whistle: Best mod on my car so far actually.

fokusicar

Getting the job done.
I work in a tuning company in Croatia and we are official importers for Eibach...we sold H&R before and customers always told that H&R is too agressive for their choice...they said Eibach is smoother for a normal ride and also excelent for agressive "mode" :)

I have tried both, and am more satisfied with Eibach.:funk:

ents

Jan 12, 2007
Tallinn - Estonia
I work in a tuning company in Croatia and we are official importers for Eibach...we sold H&R before and customers always told that H&R is too agressive for their choice...they said Eibach is smoother for a normal ride and also excelent for agressive "mode" :)

I have tried both, and am more satisfied with Eibach.:funk:

:headhurt: Well... do some searching around here & there then. As i understand you dont offer H&R's anymore? And as official importers i ofcourse understand that you are biased towards Eibach ;) btw. for many years i also worked for leading tuning company here so I know that average customers dont feel any difference in Eibach or H&R progressive springs.
PS. I dont want to argue with you but I'm 100% certain that both of these springs are top notch and it takes real "workout" to tell them appart. Your story sounds too much as add campaign to me. Thats all. No offence.

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Thanks for the comments chaps and clearly both have something to offer - Looking at my original post, I still need some advice on a sensible solution that softens my ride, lowers by 25mm minimimum, but does not cost too much (springs only upgrade ok?) or cause problems when I take the whole family out.

Cheers, Mike
57 FR170 Crono Yellow, 18", BT, Armrest, Chrome, Mats and Muddies.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.