Electric drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop.

Smoggy

Nov 3, 2023
OK so its been an eventful week :unsure:

Car working absolutely fine no issues, I travel to a site for work and no problems, on the drive back looked at the petrol gauge (1/4 of a tank) thought I would stop and fill up. Filled the car with petrol (yes not diesel before you finish reading ;)). paid for fuel got back in the car hit the start button, then got these lovely warnings and the car will not start at all.

First warning 'Engine drive not working. Stop vehicle safely! Consult vehicle wallet!' keep in mind I am still stuck at pump no 4 of a petrol station :(

Closely followed by the second warning 'Electric drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop.'

Called the AA, excellent gent tried for a good 2 hours and could not get the car started. Had to push it to the store main car park and ask for permission to leave it overnight as by this time it is 20:30.

AA returned the next day and towed my car to the Leeds Cupra garage. It has been there for the last week, The garage called to say that I am 11th in a queue of recoveries (other makes and models of cars) as its a JCT 600.

so I will use this thread to track my progress and keep members informed should anyone suffer the same fate.

It feels a bit rubbish that a 5 month old car with 2372 miles on the clock just refuses to start!

Attachments

• IMG_4308.JPG
    IMG_4308.JPG
    409.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4309.JPG
    IMG_4309.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 52

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Sorry to hear about this, I'd be upset too if this happened to me! The saddest part of this is that there's probably nothing wrong other than a software glitch but the amount of inconvenience it's causes people like yourself is crazy! Owning a hybrid myself I'll be following this to see how it turns out. Wishing you luck 👍

Reactions: Smoggy

Smoggy

Nov 3, 2023
Car update - Cupra Leeds have replaced the 12v battery but there is now a fault with the EV batteries so they need to be replaced. The nearest Cupra garage that can perform that work is Doncaster! So looks like my car is going on a trip to Doncaster ⁠
Grinning face with smiling eyes
hopefully I will see it again this month
Praying

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Car update - Cupra Leeds have replaced the 12v battery but there is now a fault with the EV batteries so they need to be replaced. The nearest Cupra garage that can perform that work is Doncaster! So looks like my car is going on a trip to Doncaster ⁠
Grinning face with smiling eyes
hopefully I will see it again this month
Praying
Wow that's one expensive fault!! Hopefully you're in a nice courtesy car?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
For me, the worrying thing would be if this happened out of warranty……………🤔

Smoggy

Nov 3, 2023
Wow that's one expensive fault!! Hopefully you're in a nice courtesy car?
Nope, my Cupra is on a lease and the hire car that enterprise offered me was peppered with scratches and dents. When I asked if there where all recorded on their system they said 'well no, but we are aware of them'. I politely declined the hire car! I work from home so no big impact, but I can not go indefinitely without a car and I have explained that to Alex at Cupra Leeds. So hopefully they take this into account.

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Nope, my Cupra is on a lease and the hire car that enterprise offered me was peppered with scratches and dents. When I asked if there where all recorded on their system they said 'well no, but we are aware of them'. I politely declined the hire car! I work from home so no big impact, but I can not go indefinitely without a car and I have explained that to Alex at Cupra Leeds. So hopefully they take this into account.
Not ideal! I had a courtesy from Enterprise not so long ago and it was filthy inside and out, ended up giving it a valet just to be able to use it with the family (it was that grubby inside!). Hope Cupra sort you out 👍

Solo

May 30, 2015
We used enterprise at work and they are pretty bad.

Some cars have been filthy, smelling of weed, had illegal tyres, delivered to the wrong address or not delivered at all.

Smoggy

Nov 3, 2023
So, just called for an update as it's been 2 weeks, car is still not moved from Cupra Leeds and gone to Cupra Doncaster yet. Alex the service manager seems to think they will have the car for another 2 weeks! Safe to say my patience is becoming a little thin. So we wait! no other option really.

Smoggy

Nov 3, 2023
Another week passed, now 4 weeks in the garage. Car not moved in 3 weeks. No updates whatever from JCT600 Leeds. Called today and the receptionist pretty much put the phone down. Have just logged a formal complaint. This is getting ridiculous now. Customer service from JCT600 Leeds is way, way below par.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Another week passed, now 4 weeks in the garage. Car not moved in 3 weeks. No updates whatever from JCT600 Leeds. Called today and the receptionist pretty much put the phone down. Have just logged a formal complaint. This is getting ridiculous now. Customer service from JCT600 Leeds is way, way below par.
This is really bad, I wonder if your car was not on a lease and you had bought it privately if you may have got better service. On the other hand they might just be a crap dealer and CUPRA UK should take some action.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Not what I expect from a brand that has aspirations to be recognised as a premium brand, but perhaps my expectations are too high?

Not that it is any consolation, but Toyota’s premium brand - Lexus - don’t do too well on the customer service front either. 41% of Lexus customer reviews on Trustpilot are rated as one star and the overall score is 2.8 out of 5 (based on 388 reviews).

Sadly, maybe poor customer service is just the norm these days - unacceptable IMHO. Hope you get some positive news and action from the dealer soon.

Smoggy

Nov 3, 2023
Ok so it has took a formal complaint to get more info. So my car is booked into the Doncaster Cupra battery centre for mid May. I understand these things need to go through a process and get booked in.

What I am annoyed about is I had to go through formal complaint in order to get feedback about my car. The dealer should be contacting me regardless of any changes to just keep communications updated to the customer.

I am still hopeful that this is a decent dealership, but this whole experience has really put me off the brand.

Good customer service is very valuable to a company and JCT600 Leeds I hope will grow from my feedback and customer journey.

The saga continues…

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.