Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Deleted member 12175

Not really that cool, but if you press the AUTO button on the dual zone climate control (where fitted) in for 3 secs it lets you adjust the temperature of both side of the car with just the one button rather than having to adjust each side seperately.

Very handy!

bigbaws

That is handy to know. That was one of those questions I meant to ask, but was scared incase I looked a bit dim (which I am!!)

bigbaws

I wanted a sunroof, but couldn't wait the 12 weeks!!! (boo) I would still have another 8 weeks to wait if I had wanted them. I am just too impatient for that kind of time scale!!

bigbaws

I think SEAT have really missed a trick here. They really should produce some sort of book describing the functions of their cars!!:whistle:

Deleted member 12175

I think SEAT have really missed a trick here. They really should produce some sort of book describing the functions of their cars!!:whistle:

Definatly need to produce a quick hints and tips guide or educate the salesmen to show you when you pick the car up!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Not as good as the other tips, but if you press the boot unlock button on the remote, it doesn't unlock the doors, but as soon as you close the boot again it locks it automatically.

bigbaws

On my last Leon (06 Reference) the automatic lock came a cropper for me on a long journey from Spain. Having reached Belgium in one piece after a 12 hour drive through France, I decided to celebrate by having a wee sleep. I locked the doors and had a well earned nap in the passenger seat. When I woke up, I turned on the engine to demist the screen. I got out of the car (with no shoes on) and went to get into the boot for a change of clothes. The boot wouldn't open. Neither would any of the other doors. Then it started to rain. Hard. The Belgian equivelent of the RAC came out eventually and the bloke handed me a hammer. Breaking the rear window of my 2 month old car was one of the most heart-wrenching things I have ever had to do!! Even now in my new one (08 FR TFSi) I still turn off the engine and take the keys with me to the boot!!!

aps

Not as good as the other tips, but if you press the boot unlock button on the remote, it doesn't unlock the doors, but as soon as you close the boot again it locks it automatically.
It's a really handy feature actually. Lock car, unlock just boot, put keys away, remove heavy shopping, close boot lid, hooray - no need to get keys out again to lock car! However, what I don't get is why the sodding hell you need to hold it in for two seconds before it works? Why can't it just open on one press?

I turned on the engine to demist the screen. I got out of the car (with no shoes on) and went to get into the boot for a change of clothes. The boot wouldn't open. Neither would any of the other doors.
That's really unfortunate! I wonder how that worked, though - my car doesn't 'autolock' until I drive over about 5mph. I would have thought that if you open a door manually (from the inside), it shouldn't then take it upon itself to lock it!

On the subject of cool tips: if you engage first gear but keep the clutch down, then floor the accelerator, the car will limit itself to 3k RPM, enabling you to have a quick but controlled getaway! (Dunno if this is a ESP, traction control, rev limiter or "launch control" thing but it's quite handy).

Deleted member 12175

Thats interesting to know. Will have to try that when i get the car! How did you find that one out?

aps

Read about it on here - have a quick search for "launch control". Didn't want to look a pleb in front of other people revving my engine to test it out, just incase it didn't work, so I tried it on my way back home once at 2:45am on a deserted dual carriageway. It really works!

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
On the subject of cool tips: if you engage first gear but keep the clutch down, then floor the accelerator, the car will limit itself to 3k RPM, enabling you to have a quick but controlled getaway! (Dunno if this is a ESP, traction control, rev limiter or "launch control" thing but it's quite handy).

On everyone else's FR except mine :(

Another tip, maybe more obvious than the mirrors thing is that you don't need to turn your lights off when you finish your journey, just remove the key and lock up. The lights go out automaticaly after a while.

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
On everyone else's FR except mine :(

Another tip, maybe more obvious than the mirrors thing is that you don't need to turn your lights off when you finish your journey, just remove the key and lock up. The lights go out automaticaly after a while.
Has anyone actually proven that this works on the 170 TDi? Most of the people with FRs that I've heard saying it works have the TFSi...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.