Electric wing mirrors stuck

fuqa

Apr 27, 2006
milton keynes
I folded my mirrors in last night..... and now the damn things wont fold out!

i can still adjust the glass position on the mirrors when folded in, so i assume the fuse hasnt gone

is this a common problem?? does anyone have a resolution?

where is the fuse box location in the cupra r?

many thanks

F4

Fuqa sorry to bump in here, i have the same problem mirrors stuck cant get them out unless i pull them out, tried disconnecting the battery buh wouldnt work, checked the fuse box a couple'a fuses missing no's 8-17-30-31-33-44, dont really know which ones which any ideas? much appreciated :)

F4

Lee69 when u mean mirror switch open u mean 12' Oclock ? if so the switch is always like so before starting and after starting aswell thanx you

F4

Cool dont remember if i tried that buh will try first thing tomorrow mornin' and let u know :) cheers

F4

Lee69 tried 6 o'clock turn on ignition leave a while then turn to 11 or 1 didn't work :(

F4

No luck dude tried that left it for a while went to cook some breakfast:) lol came back and tried not happenin' cheers

F4

Maybe ill take it to the stealers and ask them and see what they hv to say as i have already asked my mechanic and he said the "motor" must have gone, anyways thanx for the info i shall keep u informed thank you once again

F4

Yer dude been to the stealers they said it can either be the mechanism inside the mirrors which would cost £80 each or it can be the switch, so im guessin' like u said that it cannot be both the mirrors at the same time.
Think will buy the switch and hv a go:)

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
have you tried turning the knob through 360 degrees a few times in each direction? Mine got stuck and twisted the knob a few times seems to have got them working again.

F4

Yep tried almost everythin' i guess, at 6 o'clock they do fold though thats about it :)

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
Tried that didn't work, but have found that there is a proximity switch on the cam which had moved and so it was trying to close all the time, pulled it out a bit a all hunky dooree.

Cheers:D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.