kaye

Jan 6, 2007
electric windows/interior light/central locking fuse keeps blowing?!

any ideas on what this could be? i've replaced it 5 times now and its just blowing straight away?!? i dont really wanna be sending it to a garage yet as i'm a bit on the skint side :blink:

kaye

Jan 6, 2007
anybody???
i was kinda hoping this was a common fault so i could get some advice

george.george

pull down and disconnect the interior lamp.
if it stops blowing replace it. it fairly common.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Good advice really, unplug anything you can easily lay your hands on

Might be worth getting one of those circuit-breaker fuses from Maplins (about £6 IIRC) so you don't waste a ton of fuses

Climate display in my Toledo stopped working and it was a short on the wire burried somewhere behind the dash :( Auto-electrician who diagnosed it just fed a new supply to the screen and by-passed the short. Don't know if there's a hole the loom is routed through, or someone had just been tampering with mine in the past - these sorts of faults seem few and far between.

kaye

Jan 6, 2007
Had a problem with the leon for the past month or so... fuse 14 kept blowing, found the culprit was the interior light so i took the bulbs out with the intention of getting it looked at when i had some spare cash.
Just before christmas the engine management light came on so i took it to the garage... they had to book me in after new year because there was no power to the socket for the diagnostic.
i was shocked to find out that there had been an actual electrical fire inside the car and i was oblivious!
the wires on the interior light had over-heated and burned the wires away right down to behind the dash... so i've had to have the whole thing rewired :(

has anyone else had this? a bloke at the garage had a passat go up in flames last year, and i know someone with an Audi that set on fire too

kaye

Jan 6, 2007
yep! i replaced it 6 times with different fuses... just kept blowing them!
i did post it on here at the time to see if anyone else had ideas of what it could be

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Had a problem with the leon for the past month or so... fuse 14 kept blowing, found the culprit was the interior light so i took the bulbs out with the intention of getting it looked at when i had some spare cash.
Just before christmas the engine management light came on so i took it to the garage... they had to book me in after new year because there was no power to the socket for the diagnostic.
i was shocked to find out that there had been an actual electrical fire inside the car and i was oblivious!
the wires on the interior light had over-heated and burned the wires away right down to behind the dash... so i've had to have the whole thing rewired :(

has anyone else had this? a bloke at the garage had a passat go up in flames last year, and i know someone with an Audi that set on fire too

***, hope it gets sorted. Through the insurance or cash job?.
How much does a rewire cost? :blink:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006

***, hope it gets sorted. Through the insurance or cash job?.
How much does a rewire cost? :blink:

:lol: Why has 'w o w' been censored?
m0rk not like the game or something? :D

sparkyc

Jul 15, 2008
heard a great story bout couple of yanks driving their pick up home, fuse went for head lights so wedge'd a bullet from his .22 rifle in there, heated up, exploded and blew one of his bollocks off!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.