electrical problem.. anyone else had this?

vivalefrench

hi all, was just wondering if anyone had this problem on their car...

passenger door central locking and electric window no longer work, illumination to the window switch has gone, however, open door light and speaker work..

i obtained the wiring diagrams, and from what i can tell, the electric window and central locking are controlled by the same module, hinting that that is what has failed..

anyone else know anything bout this stuff..

Many thanks in advance ;)

Frenchy...

vivalefrench

i thought that, but after checking, i cannot see any obvious damage... also, according to the repair diagrams, it is a common module that controls the switchlight, window and locking.. i just need confirmation, then i would just get the part...

anyone know of a good plae to take it in middle england/wales??

thanks again :)

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
I have had problems with the wiring/connection block just inside the chassis - beside the door jamb.

Fplanot

Dear Vivalafrench.....
If you have a wiring diagram for the Toledo (1996 Mk2) is it possible to obtain a copy as I have an intermittent electrical fault on my car.. and it would be useful. Else could you advise from where you obtained it/

Regards RLF [email protected]

Dazvr6

Midland VW is a good garage to try. Always looked after my motors well. There in Norton Canes near Cannock on the A5. Speak to Jody if you can.

Fplanot

Thanks for the information. However have managed to get some useful information re the problem (similar to early Volvo problems)..or so it seems. If it does not solve problem - may take up your advice/offer. Thanks again - Fplanot.

Graebob

I've got a similar problem, in that when I central lock my car, sometimes the passenger door rejects the locking (i.e: pops back up again). This sometimes (rarely) happens from outside, but ALWAYS from the inside with the little safety central locking button. Any ideas?

Rymez2K

I've got a similar problem, in that when I central lock my car, sometimes the passenger door rejects the locking (i.e: pops back up again). This sometimes (rarely) happens from outside, but ALWAYS from the inside with the little safety central locking button. Any ideas?

I have this same issue Graebob.
Did you manage to resolve it?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.