Emissions Light

furry td ice

See the thread below Dave - and read some of the individual posts. One theme seems to be that sensors are the problem rather than the dpf itself. Or because of knackered sensors you now have a clogged DPF ? I would not part with £1400 anytime soon - you won't see it again. Is there anyway you can get a second SEAT dealer opinion - or at least give another one a call. My dealings with SEAT UK directly on a different issue eventually disappeared down a black hole so best pursuing through a good dealer. If they don't help then i would go down trading standards route on basis of car not being fit for purpose - this is a production car for everyday use, not some hyper car. I presume you have FSSH ? Good luck.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1146

Geordie

dpf filter

Interesting now that dealers have been told bySeat to inform buyers that cars are fitted with this part, and advising those who only drive in town not to buy it!
Not sure having read manual before would have made any difference in this case as i ran the supposed fix almost straight away on my next return trip, and as you say you have run for 500 miles in limp mode, i prob did 10.
Not sure about your manual but mine def states 1400rpm at min 60km/h. Service are advising that flushing the filter with fuel is the right answer rather than running at high temp. Not sure who to believe as there seems to be 2 schools of thought on this.
It may appear now that service dept may try and regenerate rather than replace, but depends how much it's blocked. I'm thinking tho they may have jumped to replacement conclusion too quickly!
Apparently some owners have been told by Seat to get out on the m25 in the middle of the night to regenerate - now that cant be right!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members