Emissions Warning Light - HELP!

ArosaEnz

I recently purchased a Seat Arosa 1.0 S, and passed my test on monday. The same day unfortunately it started chugging, and had an intermitant loss of acceleration. I had a mate come round with a diagnostics machine and found the error to be in the ignition side, sensors or something. He erased the fault to remove the light on the dash. After a day of driving round today, i was on my way back home and it started chugging again when i put my foot down in 3rd and the Emissions light started flashing.

Any ideas wether this is a common fault with the arosa's, and possibly a solution to it?

Sorry for the mouthful description of the problem! Tryed my best :)

Cheers, George :think:

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
If a fault code was thrown up on your mates diagnostic tool it is best to ask on this forum what it means. The fault no. is required.
Your problem may just be the ignition electrics giving you gip. How old is the car? has it been serviced recently? Going back to basics and changing spark plugs, distributor cap and HT leads may be the simple answer.

ArosaEnz

hmm, i cant remember the fault code... :S It's 03 plate and has been serviced... but only an oil change done by the previous owners. I was thinking of giving it a once over with the basics seeming as im doing the cambelt.. thanks alot i'll tell you if it makes a difference :)

Cheers, George

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise