engine bay tidy

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
as my car is off the road for a bit now and my engine bay is looking rather messy with wires going everywhere im going to have a look at tidying it up and moving a few wires out of sight, i know a few have done this to theyre cars and looks good in my opinion but where exactly do you run the wires to hide them? obviously you cant just remove them unless its air-con pipes and washer bottle, move battery etc but mine is messy and needs doing asap

so if anyone has tidy'd their bays up and routed the wires elsewhere around the bay out of sight can you post up a discription of where you routed the wires and a few pics if poss

cheers gaz

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
im trying lol but he has so many pages to look through on his build thread i dont know where to start haha ill have a look now cheers

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
:)

Gaz, if you look at removing/relocating your SAI, carbon canister, N249/N112, washer bottle and battery you can lose a LOT of crap. The only wiring I've moved is for the EVAP (carbon canister) sensor which I've hidden under the wiper scuttle, still plugged in (though it still throws occasional EMLs)

Phil's also hidden his washer bottle under here too IIRC. Benny's probably a good one to PM on this too as he spent some time neatening things up

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
cheers m8 ive binned the carbon cannister, secondary air pump, air con and lots of other bits inc n112/n249 just got to get me some ressistors from rs trade counters

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Nice one, that should get rid of a lot of clutter - anything else can be extended and hidden away if you feel it's worth it

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
dont want to go wild just make it look neat and tidy and hide some wires out of sight i will be moving the windscreen washer bottle to under the scuttle and battery will be going in the boot aswel as a few bits getting powdercoated to make it look nice.

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
i have done this on my cupra took me 2 days solid all the wires running down the drivers side wing are all gone and relocated through a small hole under the scuttle pannel and routed under the inner arch linner they then come out under the washer bottle it so time consuming cos you have to poke each plug through one at a time but the result is stunning :)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
You could also run a smaller bottle down in the bumper ;)

P1000806.jpg

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
i have done this on my cupra took me 2 days solid all the wires running down the drivers side wing are all gone and relocated through a small hole under the scuttle pannel and routed under the inner arch linner they then come out under the washer bottle it so time consuming cos you have to poke each plug through one at a time but the result is stunning :)

Just seen this thread, ignore my post in the "wire tuck" thread.

Exactly what he said ^^

There is already a small hole under the scuttle but i found i had to enlarge it to fit some of the bigger plugs through. I also numberd every plug and sensor with masking tape to save confusion.

DSCN0074.jpg

Wires in the wing.
DSCN0100.jpg

Sorry none during.

I relocated my washer bottle to the boot with a 1.2l bottle, just ran some silicone hosing to the boot along with some wire for the pump.

Washer bottle relocated, ignore the meth tank :)
IMGP0400.jpg

How my bay stood before i sold her, im hoping its still as clean lol.
IMGP0312.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Ive started on the passenger side now, what a mission thats gonna be.

Long term ill be stripping the loom out to complete remove the wiring from the N112, air con, secondary air, head tank, N75 and anything else i can lose.

Gonna order some of these to tidy up the coilpacks and injector wires..

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/sleeving/photo/ca16.jpg
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/sleeving/photo/t16.jpg
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/sleeving/photo/f7.jpg

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
wow cheers for the pics guys benny that bay looks sweet hats off to you m8 and i think i will keep mine red now lol

phil i seen them sort of wire tidy things for the coil packs on an audi 2.0 we had in work few weeks ago they sell them in the stealers seen them in red and black but they prob want a few quid for them tho

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.