Engine Bay

Penfold

May 18, 2007
Hi

Can anyone help me? Took my 57 plate leon in for it's service back in october, and up until now, I have not had to top up the screenwash. I open the bonnet, and it just didn't look right. I am certain that my engine had a plastic cover in the centre around the oil filler cap. I have contacted the garage and they say they havn't seen it, but that Seat stopped fitting that part since 2006. Can someone check if theres has the part fitted or not, as I suspect that the service guy either forgot and it has since been binned, or he damaged it getting it off and decided I wouldn't notice!

Thanks

Penners

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Hi

Can anyone help me? Took my 57 plate leon in for it's service back in october, and up until now, I have not had to top up the screenwash. I open the bonnet, and it just didn't look right. I am certain that my engine had a plastic cover in the centre around the oil filler cap. I have contacted the garage and they say they havn't seen it, but that Seat stopped fitting that part since 2006. Can someone check if theres has the part fitted or not, as I suspect that the service guy either forgot and it has since been binned, or he damaged it getting it off and decided I wouldn't notice!

Thanks

Penners

What model of Leon is it that you have? I know on lesser models the engine cover is not fitted after 2006 but the Cupra and the FRs will still have their engine covers on them.
Alex

Penfold

May 18, 2007
tdi reference, poverty model I know, but bloody hell, if they are trying to cut corners with a bit of plastic under the bonnet. My missus Ibiza 1.4S has one fitted, so i'm sure mine should have!

fl1nty360

I have a 57 plate fr and it has an engine cover, although i had a similar experience after it had received a service. On way home from garage i noticed a sort of rattling noise, after checking under the bonnet, the cover had not been fitted back on proplerly and was just flapping around on top of the engine!!! Mechanic had obviously not fitted it back on correctly :doh:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
tdi reference, poverty model I know, but bloody hell, if they are trying to cut corners with a bit of plastic under the bonnet. My missus Ibiza 1.4S has one fitted, so i'm sure mine should have!

Yep 'fraid you won't have one if its a Ref or a Ref Sport (not sure about the Stylance though but prob not that either)
Alex

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members