Engine Code TFSi

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Feel said:
I didn't mean to start anything, but does that make the new turbos Yippee-ki-yay-oh-3 and Yippee-ki-yay-oh-4?

Starting to wonder if the APR longitudinal kit is a sort of new style k04-01 or some hybrid thingy.

APR have said that it's a B-W turbo, but that it's very hard for just anyone to get hold of, practically development kit, it's only through their links with Oetinger that they've got them.
I like the Yippee-ki-yay-oh-3 bit mate! :lol:

You could be right, that k04 kit (combined turbo mani) might be the new standard S3 bit of kit! Getting it through Oetinger to the VAG group!

djorkaeff

the turbo in the audi s3 is the same turbo offered by all the big tuning companies for the gti, 185tfsi, fr, audi a3 etc... it is the sportec k04.300 and from what i know, it fit's perfectly where the k03 was so no extra modifications required, except for the ecu of course

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Ah good, that confirms what I'd figured out.

Oettinger get the Golf GTi up to 235ps with a remap, 245ps with a remap and an exhaust, then 280ps with a turbo swap (to the new K04 I assume), then 310ps with a turbo swap and exhaust.

I'm starting to think there's no way VAG would push the GTi/FR/vRS motor another 40bhp without doing something physical to the motor.

I've emailled B-W anyway.

djorkaeff

ya, that's right... there are several tuning kits, all of them go between 300ps and 313ps amnd they include the k04.300, ecu, exhaust with downpipe and air intake. there is a kit from i forgot which company called EVO R with 350ps but it has modified internals... pistons etc

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
No joy as yet from B-W, but a mate of a mate's is "enquiring".

A few write ups on the new S3 complain about it being laggy and not much fun, "iceman" of "Yippee-ki-yay-oh-3" fame says it's a k03 on the 240, and it's a better drive than the Yippee-ki-yay-oh-4...

Wait and see I guess.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yeah, but that just says that it's not as characterful as the v6 and it's more expensive. Stunning revelation, that.

I'm (still) more interested in if there's any fundamental differences between the 200 bhp and 240bhp engines (i.e. what will the 240 remap to). If not, then you might as well get an FR with an aero kit and chip it...

That is, if I'm not filling up with the buses by then :(

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Yeah, but that just says that it's not as characterful as the v6 and it's more expensive. Stunning revelation, that.

I'm (still) more interested in if there's any fundamental differences between the 200 bhp and 240bhp engines (i.e. what will the 240 remap to). If not, then you might as well get an FR with an aero kit and chip it...

That is, if I'm not filling up with the buses by then :(

I think if I ever got the cupra I'd get the Aerokit front bumper for it.....anyway don't sell the LCR you'll regret it :(

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Some close-up pictures of the new S3 Engine bay:

http://www.a3q.org/diashow/nsur8tag1/html/default.html

That additional pipe that's on the Cupra pictures, is also on the S3 Pictures :think:

Cupra: (can anyone find a pic? M0rk has one somewhere)

S3:
CIMG0445.JPG

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The S3 and Copra Race car are both BHZ. so the Copra must be a remapped version of the S3 basically with a few engine mods for racing as well I guess?
and the ECU is from a 2006 A3 2.0T 200PS model.

Last edited:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
That doesn't appear to be true. The race car has a BHZ, the S3 has a BHZ (260), but the Cupra road car has a BWJ (240).

Still wondering what the differences are between the BWA (200), BWJ (240) and BHZ (260) are.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its clear it not the same engine as in the S3 persay because of the difference in codes, but its far from clear how much difference there is between these 3 engine codes.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.